Need some prayers

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just because xrays don't detect a blockage doesn't mean there isn't one. My dear Mack had a chunk of Humunga Tongue lodged in his colon for over a year before it was detected. Mostly, he ate, drank, pooped normally. He was 3&1/2 years old when it finally showed up on an xray. He lost several inches of his colon, but recovered like a trooper!

Here's to a speedy recovery, Yuna!

Remember it was @Jack Daniels Jack where the vet didn't see the bra in Jack. It was just by chance they saw the metal clip.

:eek: YES! I DO remember this! He almost Died! And a whole bra! Blockages terrify me..I think it's because I live with Sir Eatsalot!! :cursing:

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Lisa so happy to know the blockage has been taken care of and she is on the road to recovery. Been absorbed in my own issues. Buster got Cherry Eye and it came up so suddenly 2 days ago and kept getting worse and we had surgery today. He is doing fine but I was a total wreck until I got him home and remembered to breathe. But you and Yuna were in my thoughts and prayers the whole time. So happy for you. The fierce love you have for her came through every post you wrote. The pic of Yuna is so sweet. A good day today.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lisa so happy to know the blockage has been taken care of and she is on the road to recovery. Been absorbed in my own issues. Buster got Cherry Eye and it came up so suddenly 2 days ago and kept getting worse and we had surgery today. He is doing fine but I was a total wreck until I got him home and remembered to breathe. But you and Yuna were in my thoughts and prayers the whole time. So happy for you. The fierce love you have for her came through every post you wrote. The pic of Yuna is so sweet. A good day today.

So glad Buster is okay! I bet you are relieved too, onto the road to recovery!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so dissapointed at the whole veterinary profession at times. We as owners need to really know our pets to be able to save them when really needed. I'm so glad that you insisted on the surgery and she's recovering.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Just checking in, so glad to read Yuna has come through the surgery, and they found the blockage. Sending you and Yuna tons of love and hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery. We just came back from Jamaica and picked up the dogs from the boarders, they told me they both did great for the week, but that Dozer had thrown up and had a bit of diarrhea that morning, he told me he thought it was signs of stress, but I said to him, if he was fine the whole week, why would he show signs of stress on the last day? It didn't make sense. When we left, I took him outside and he had a poop, a piece of pinky orange rubber came out in his poop, I went back inside and told them, and they said he didn't have any toys except for kong toys, but that there could have been other dog toys in the play room. They are supposed to be supervised in the play room at all times. He passed another little piece in the evening and now seems to be fine, eating and drinking normal, still has tons of energy, and so happy to see mama. I'm going to continue to keep an eye on him and see if he passes anymore of the pink rubber, I'm checking every poop he does, he had a normal poop this morning and ate his breakfast, so hopefully that's the end of it. Keeping my fingers crossed, boy did I miss my babies, so glad to be home.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
I am so glad they got that....thing... out of poor Yuna! And this just goes to show, trust your instincts! I hope the other vet is ashamed of himself for telling you to give her more time. :mad:
We are thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery!

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
TEARS of joy!!! I could not log on at home last night.. Just got to work.. she is so cute!! I am so happy everything is ok!! here is to a speedy recovery !!

HUGS from me and Duke!! :up:

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She's has bad diarrhea this morning. She ate a little bland diet but not much. I gave her a bath at 3 am and again at 8 am because she can't hold it. It was all over. I'm still worried :(. I'm sure it's from all the pushing of her intestines yesterday but I'm waiting for the vet to call me back to ease my worry!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I was excited to see you posted an update...but then I read it. I'm so sorry! Poor baby. My heart breaks for her and you. Hopefully she's on the mend....Thanks for the update, please continue, when you can, to keep us updated.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
You and Yuna are in my thoughts and held tightly in my heart right now. I will keep checking in to find out what the vet says and how she is doing. My heart goes out to you both as do my prayers that Yuna is OK. Love and hugs.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.