Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It's been a long week.... Yuna had been vomiting on occasion and only eating half or less of her food, sometimes none at all. She is still drinking plenty but I'm giving her 500 ml of subq fluids per day.

She has not pooped in a few days and we fear blockage at this point. I've done everything to try to get her to go, but open to suggestions.

X-rays showed no sign of blockage - just a pretty steady line of poo-- but I talked to my vet again tonight and he wants to give her more time. She is not lethargic, just a little clingy. She's not really doing any playing either. But she can still run away from me as I chase her down for an enema, and still enjoys a walk. It's weird. She did have other symptoms now that have subsided. She was sneezing profusely, like 100 times a day! So we put her on hydroxizine and then she got really stuffed up. One vet was thinking valley fever so we ordered the blood work for it.

I've been really depressed about this cuz she's my baby tender heart girl. I'm always able to get them better right away, and this has been going on sporadically for over a week. I thought going to the vet and getting the X-rays would give us answers but instead it just gave us more questions.

Oh, bloodwork was fine except a higher than normal count on white blood cells and protein. But neither were too much higher than high normal.

With three enemas and a laxative we still have no poop so it's looking like blockage, even if the vets don't think so. Please pray for poo!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Last edited:
OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Update since 10 mins ago!! I gave her a pumpkin ice cube and a couple green beans, hoping she may take a bit of it. Been trying this all week and she would just turn up her nose. Gosh she ate them like she was starving!! So I have her more, and more, and more. She ravenous!!! She normally gently takes a treat from my hand but she was burrowing at my hand like saying More!!!! MORE!!!! Hope I didn't overdo it cuz I gave her about a cup!! :eek:

She has always had an appetite all week but just 'couldn't eat, so this is a great sign. Heck she's refused green beans all week!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im so sorry she is sick! I have no idea what it could be! I hope she gets better soon!

L

Lucy-licious

oh no! I hope she gets better oon and does the biggest poop ever :(

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Keeping everything crossed that we hear good news soon!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh lisa i so hope she continues to eat and does a big ole :poo: for you :pray:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Lsa sorry to hear this, I am praying for you that she does a huge poo real soon.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Come on Yuna, you can do it!!! Quit making your momma worry about you (and the rest of us too!). Watching this thread for any updates

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I hope Yuna is able to pass something! There is nothing like caring for these guys when they're not feeling well. It is heart wrenching! Like everyone else, I am praying for poop!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Update since 10 mins ago!! I gave her a pumpkin ice cube and a couple green beans, hoping she may take a bit of it. Been trying this all week and she would just turn up her nose. Gosh she ate them like she was starving!! So I have her more, and more, and more. She ravenous!!! She normally gently takes a treat from my hand but she was burrowing at my hand like saying More!!!! MORE!!!! Hope I didn't overdo it cuz I gave her about a cup!! :eek:

She has always had an appetite all week but just 'couldn't eat, so this is a great sign. Heck she's refused green beans all week!

This is a very good sign. Now if she only poos!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Hoping there is no blockage or any other serious problem. Our bulldog and maltese are the first dogs we raised inside our home. All my other dogs were outside and other than seeing them poop when watching or seeing the results later, it was never monitored as closely as we do ours now. So if they missed a day or two even I probably would not have noticed. But maybe just like humans there is no apparent reason for constipation and in time just passes. There is always a reason but it may just be a cyclical thing, or a little less exercise, water, allergies, allergy meds who knows. I hope its just something that will pass in time.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.