Help Needed! Another Food issue!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So as many of you know Lucy has been having problems with food and that is a understatement! So we finally found a salmon food that makes her poops pretty solidish but she goes big piles and 12 to 15 or 16 times a day! I am not sure how that much poop can go through that little body but does this mean the food is not agreeing with her? My concern is maybe it has a lot of filler in it? I am giving her LID Simply nourish salmon and sweet potato. What you think [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

Ingredients:
Dried Sweet Potato, Salmon Meal, Salmon, Tomato Pomace, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Natural Flavor, Flaxseed, Dried Carrots, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-ascorbyl-polyphosphate, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Ferric Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Choline Chloride

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein Not less than 24.0%
Crude Fat Not less than 12.0%
Crude Fiber Not more than 5.0%
Moisture Not more than 10.0%
Calcium Not less than 1.5%
Phosphorus Not less than 1.0%
Potassium Not less than 0.70%
Zinc Not less than 175 mg/kg
Selenium Not less than 0.20 mg/kg
Vitamin A Not less than 20,000 IU/kg
Vitamin E Not less than 200 IU/KG
Omega-6 Fatty Acids*Not less than 1.8%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids*Not less than 1.6%
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)*Not less than 10 mg/kg
Beta carotene* Not less than 10 mg/kg
Lycopene*Not less than 1.0 mg/k

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is she pooping more than she's eating? Because it sounds like it! Of so she is probably allergic because it sounds like its not digesting. How long has she been on the new food? Any chance you are giving her more than she needs per day? Are you giving any probiotics or yogurt?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My quess is that it's the firdt ingredient on the list. This food is not salmon, potato. In my opinion dogs don't need that much carbs, it just doesn't digest. That is one reason dogs on raw food poop so little. It's highly digestible.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Yes she is eating way more than she is pooping! This food stuff just has be so frustrated! Im not sure what food to put her on or what she needs! I wish I could fins a fish and pea formula that was a 4 or 5 star food but haven't had any luck yet! My pantry is full of dog food that we have been through trying to find the right one! Seems like all she can have is fish and maybe not potatoes? I am going online to look now!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I am sorry can't help you here but am hoping you find a food that will suit Lucy real soon.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok dear i dont have alot of time so forgive me. i dont think your dog should be pooping that much. even at her worst sarah never went that much. im assuming your dog is over 1 so id be feeding it 2/3 cup twice a day to start and no treats at all. see if the poop gets better. you can also add some canned pumpkin or sugar free unflavored metamucil to help the :poo: if you are looking for a fish and pea food dogswell nutrisca is just that check it out. this food is well something you give if they have allergies n you dont have anything else. this line is not bad but sweet potato for a first ingredient is not good really and has a few fillers.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My first thought is that maybe you're feeding her too much to have that amount of poop!!!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Hope you get her on track, wish I could help but wanted to offer support.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
She is 3 and a half months so still a young puppy she is getting 3/4 a cup 3 times a day then you have to be prepared because she is amout to leave land mines all over! Her food is way less than what she is pooping how is that possible? I am going to check out the food listed above and also when she was on the bland diet right before I put her on this food she didn't poop like this! I have taken her to her vet and he really is of no help!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I should add that on her wide side of her face she is getting tear stains so I have learned on here that can be a dead give away on a food issue.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is 3 and a half months so still a young puppy she is getting 3/4 a cup 3 times a day then you have to be prepared because she is amout to leave land mines all over! Her food is way less than what she is pooping how is that possible? I am going to check out the food listed above and also when she was on the bland diet right before I put her on this food she didn't poop like this! I have taken her to her vet and he really is of no help!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I should add that on her wide side of her face she is getting tear stains so I have learned on here that can be a dead give away on a food issue.

Fromm just came out with a new flavor..... Pork and Peas. No white potatoes in this one at all....and it is grain free.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]-I was just looking at that and that may be on option! I have never tried her on pork so don't know how that would work. I noticed it is on petflow now!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama-I was just looking at that and that may be on option! I have never tried her on pork so don't know how that would work. I noticed it is on petflow now!

I am very excited about it.... no chicken, no white potatoes and grain free - I may have the ultimate winner for Ms. Banks!! Beef Fritatta has been real good for her, but the no potatoes is HUGE for me cause she has yeast issues and the potato does not help

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION]- I have a feeling its going to be a really popular food! Its also hard to find pork in kibble!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.