General Question Congestion and mild lethargy - should I be concerned?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So glad it is nothing serious..... never heard of the antibiotic that he got, interesting though.

Damn allergies are brutal this year... Banks is servering too, all she wants to do is sleep.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sorry this is happening to Linus but I'm happy they were able to diagnose it. On the news I've heard that this is the worst year we've had for allergies in a really long time. I pray he will get better quick.

I can completely relate on how you feel with him and his age but have seen so many posts on how long these little angels live it makes me feel better. We just worry because we love them so much. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm happy that the vet was able to rule out any problems w/Linus's heart and lungs, and that what he's got is treatable. The hydrocodone might make him sleepy so you may expect to see him dozing more. Fingers and everything else crossed that Linus will start to feeling better very soon!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in on Linus, so relieved to see your update, thank you!

Allergies...Boo...Hiss
:cursing: Sending all y'all love & prayers. :angelheart:

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Just checking in on Linus hoping today is a better day with lots of really good naps!

Thank you - he is doing better today! He was even begging when I was eating my dinner, which he hasn't been up to. He sounds better too so I hope with some more rest, he will back to his old self.

The allergies this season are just astoundingly bad in Arizona!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Glad to hear that he is better! I live in Southwest Colorado and I can't see my neighbors house. The wind is blowing the dust so hard the sky is brown. Take care of each other!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you - he is doing better today! He was even begging when I was eating my dinner, which he hasn't been up to. He sounds better too so I hope with some more rest, he will back to his old self.

The allergies this season are just astoundingly bad in Arizona!

Sorry I haven't kept up but everyone is better here too with the sneezing and runny nose/ eyes. I think it's the creasote Jill! It started as soon as they started blooming! Jesse had a rash on her girlie bits with our first ever interdigital cyst, Yuna was sneezing like crazy but we now know her immune system was jacked with that bowel obstruction. Molly has stopped itching so finally maybe we can all rest, until next year when they bloom again!

So glad Linus is feeling better! Give him a kiss from me!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Sorry I haven't kept up but everyone is better here too with the sneezing and runny nose/ eyes. I think it's the creasote Jill! It started as soon as they started blooming! Jesse had a rash on her girlie bits with our first ever interdigital cyst, Yuna was sneezing like crazy but we now know her immune system was jacked with that bowel obstruction. Molly has stopped itching so finally maybe we can all rest, until next year when they bloom again!

So glad Linus is feeling better! Give him a kiss from me!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Will do! It was a rough go this spring! Almost can't wait for the heat to come!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Just a quick update that I think Linus turned the corner today, FINALLY. He went in on Monday but the wheezing and vomiting mucus for the past four days. Today, he has been much clearer and no vomiting (yet), so I'm thinking it might be safe to actually clean my floor! :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Good news! I missed this thread in the beginning (my EBN time is limited these days due to employment LOL) but I would worry exactly the SAME as you do for Linus. We take special good care of our pups so we can "beat the odds" and that means some worrying. Anytime these two do anything out of the ordinary, I'm doing my own "check up" on them. Bark! magazine did an article some months ago -- a series -- about how to give your own dog a wellness exam. I didn't read it. Shame on me. But I'm going to find it and read it now. I took my big giant cat to the vet on Monday because "He wasn't himself." Dr. Terry looked at me sympathetically -- but I swear those were dollar signs in his pupils... --- and carefully examined Sushi head to toe. He couldn't find anything and that cost me sixty bucks.

I'm going to find that wellness article.....perhaps it will make a great topic for Press Team? :yes:

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Good news! I missed this thread in the beginning (my EBN time is limited these days due to employment LOL) but I would worry exactly the SAME as you do for Linus. We take special good care of our pups so we can "beat the odds" and that means some worrying. Anytime these two do anything out of the ordinary, I'm doing my own "check up" on them. Bark! magazine did an article some months ago -- a series -- about how to give your own dog a wellness exam. I didn't read it. Shame on me. But I'm going to find it and read it now. I took my big giant cat to the vet on Monday because "He wasn't himself." Dr. Terry looked at me sympathetically -- but I swear those were dollar signs in his pupils... --- and carefully examined Sushi head to toe. He couldn't find anything and that cost me sixty bucks.

I'm going to find that wellness article.....perhaps it will make a great topic for Press Team? :yes:

I'm glad I am not alone!

I am very comfortable checking my bullies temperature, heart rate, gums, etc to see if I can rule out anything major but I always try to fault on the side of caution! :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.