Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Congestion and mild lethargy - should I be concerned?

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Congestion and mild lethargy - should I be concerned?

Just a quick update that I think Linus turned the corner today, FINALLY. He went in on Monday but the wheezing and vomiting mucus for the past four days. Today, he has been much clearer and no vomiting (yet), so I'm thinking it might be safe to actually clean my floor!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Good news! I missed this thread in the beginning (my EBN time is limited these days due to employment LOL) but I would worry exactly the SAME as you do for Linus. We take special good care of our pups so we can "beat the odds" and that means some worrying. Anytime these two do anything out of the ordinary, I'm doing my own "check up" on them. Bark! magazine did an article some months ago -- a series -- about how to give your own dog a wellness exam. I didn't read it. Shame on me. But I'm going to find it and read it now. I took my big giant cat to the vet on Monday because "He wasn't himself." Dr. Terry looked at me sympathetically -- but I swear those were dollar signs in his pupils... --- and carefully examined Sushi head to toe. He couldn't find anything and that cost me sixty bucks.

I'm going to find that wellness article.....perhaps it will make a great topic for Press Team?

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Good news! I missed this thread in the beginning (my EBN time is limited these days due to employment LOL) but I would worry exactly the SAME as you do for Linus. We take special good care of our pups so we can "beat the odds" and that means some worrying. Anytime these two do anything out of the ordinary, I'm doing my own "check up" on them. Bark! magazine did an article some months ago -- a series -- about how to give your own dog a wellness exam. I didn't read it. Shame on me. But I'm going to find it and read it now. I took my big giant cat to the vet on Monday because "He wasn't himself." Dr. Terry looked at me sympathetically -- but I swear those were dollar signs in his pupils... --- and carefully examined Sushi head to toe. He couldn't find anything and that cost me sixty bucks.

I'm going to find that wellness article.....perhaps it will make a great topic for Press Team?
    I'm glad I am not alone!

I am very comfortable checking my bullies temperature, heart rate, gums, etc to see if I can rule out anything major but I always try to fault on the side of caution!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads