URGENT!!! Really need some help

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie had a spot like that on her thigh a couple of times. We used some non-stinging anti-septic flush from the store and put neosporin on it and it healed quickly and nicely.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
umm no changes in his diet or anything like that. The new place does have hard water however. I got a water purifier a few days ago thinking that might be the problem. The spots do bleed and he did try to scratch at them just last night.

could be stress... our bully babies are very sensitive to change. As others have suggested... keep it dry and use desetin

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh poor boy. I don't have any advice, never experienced this. I hope he gets better soon and you're able to figure out what caused this.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Poor Dozer, it des look sore I do hope you find what is causing it and hope something heals it real soon.

OP
Higgins

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Well using that desitin stuff and even though he hates it. It is starting to help. Any idea how long it should to take for it to clear up?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well using that desitin stuff and even though he hates it. It is starting to help. Any idea how long it should to take for it to clear up?

They hate everything..when it comes to stuff like this. Make ure you just use a dab of the Desitin nd I would think 10 dys or to weeks..they all are different!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Glad it seems to be improving. Keep us updated!! :up:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Sending love & prayers for sweet Dozer, hoping he heals w/no more of this!

OP
Higgins

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
any ideas on hoe to get dozer to stop scratching his face? HE keeps opening up the wounds on his face.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
it sounds like some type of allergy to me.. Our Duke has allergies and we keep them at bay after allergy testing etc..
just last week we went on vacation.. came home and he scratched a hole in his neck! took him to the vet.. it could be a million things.. they gave him some powder to put on them and shaved the area.. they did also tell us it may have been stress. if he keeps scratching I would take him to the vet. he is probably scratching them because they get very dry before they heal..
Hang in there..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online