URGENT!!! Really need some help

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
IMAG0021.jpg

SO we just moved into are new place about 2 weeks ago and this has been happening to poor dozer since then. Not sure what to do. They vet at pet smart gave us some wipes and fish oil pills but clearly it isnt helping at all. Any help is much appreciated.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Is Dozer scratching, tearing, rubbing his face on the floor or grass?

Any change in behavior?

Any change in food? treats?

What kind of wipes did the vet give you?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
that looks rather raw and oozy. Not sure wipes will do the trick. I'm pretty conservative on symptoms like this and would try to see the vet this weekend if at all possible. You don't want that to lead to a bad skin infection. Is that the only area where Dozer has it?

OP
Higgins

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Yes that is the only area. He doesnt scratch his face or anything like that. He does chew on his back feet some. The wipes are GlenHaven Therapeutics Gentle Cleansing Wipes that have Acetic and boric acid in them. Also we do have 3 cats but I dont think that is a cat scratch.

OP
Higgins

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
We have had the wipes for about a week now and it has not gotten any better at all. And he really doesnt like them at all.

Bullies Mom

Aug 27, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Milo and Toby
Poor baby, looks like it's pretty sore. I wonder if he is allergic to something in the home, or outside. Our two bullies get allergies pretty bad sometimes and itch and scratch. If ever the skin has broken, we've got a Betagen spray that the vet had prescribed and it clears it up well. A friend recommended Corona Lanolin Rich Ointment for little cuts, or even neosporin. I sure hope that it clears up for your dozer soon !

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'd try Desitin. Usko's tear stains got really bad and raw once and I cleaned them with colloidal silver and put Desitin on them twice a day and they healed really quick.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That does look like it might be a hotspot... in an odd area, but it could be. does it bleed or just raw skin? Since you just moved, it could just be stress related

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Aw looks sore!
@Higgins This is kind of out there, but here is a photo from a thread I started in November. This is Wilbur, and it got to look like Dozer's pretty quickly. I got him to the vet for meds, but root cause turned out to be a food allergy. This was when I switched him to prescription vet food ( hydrolyzed proteins). It cleared up immediately and and I have had no issues since.

i am certainly no expert....your photo just reminded me of Wilbur's issue that also seemed to come out of nowhere.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I agree with the change in food, stress, and Desetin , put a dab of Desetin on your finger and apply, it's for diaper rash so it's gentle and will clear this up nicely

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
is the area wet and does it stay wet no matter how much you wipe it. that kinda looks like a hot spot but it is in an odd place. has anything changed since the move beside the house. food, or laundry detergent or water bowl. bullies can get stressed out with just a simple change but it could also be food related and since he is chewing on his back feet also it may suggest an allergy. does he smell the grass or anything else alot perhaps he is allergic to something outside. perhaps some povidone or some hibiclenz from the drug store to clean the area then put some desitin on it afterwards. id be looking at a vet visit if it doesnt clear up soon.

Last edited:
OP
Higgins

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
umm no changes in his diet or anything like that. The new place does have hard water however. I got a water purifier a few days ago thinking that might be the problem. The spots do bleed and he did try to scratch at them just last night.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.