Help Needed! UTI or possible marking?

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello everyone my almost 1 year old male ebd had a UTI back a few weeks ago. The vet put him on clavamox ( amoxicillin) for 2 weeks and it cleared up.. ( no blood in urine) I have noticed this past week tho he has pee'd indoors several places.. I do not know if he is marking or having an accident because the infection is still present.. The vet said he had a lot of bacteria in his urine but the culture came back negative ( whatever that means) I have an appointment for him on Monday to have him rechecked for this uti but I can't tell if it because he is getting older and starting to mark or if it is because his urinary track is still infected.. I have been trying to wait until he is 18 months before nuetering him because of what I have read regarding nuetering too early could arrest some classic bulldog looks.. big head ect. If this is something that can be stopped after he is nuetered I am all for it.. I love him to death but I have to watch him all the time now so he won't pee indoors. If anyone has had any experience with this I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks everyone...:confused:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Are the indoor accidents small or large amounts of pee?

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I am going through the same thing but i have just got another pup.
If when you leave him alone in his crate does he do it there?
If its a no you know he can hold it and he's marking :thumbup:

OP
H

hero4u

Jul 11, 2012
Palm Beach county Fl. ( Delray Beach)
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Well he has pee'd in his crate a few times which is odd. usually he can hold it.. I think the best thing is to just be at the vets at my 1130am appointment for the test to see if he still has bacteria in his urine and then going about having him nuetered asap. I love my dog very much but god.. he has had parvo.. giardia. UTI and demodex mange and is less that a year old.. I knew ebd's had their share of health issues but GEEZ....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.