Luca's bumpy chin

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Luca has had what the vet and I both figured was chin acne for the last few months. She said for a 7 month old bully it is very common. Since his nuetering a few weeks back it has spread all over his chin and even has a bump close to his lip. I'm starting to get concerned. He eats and drinks from stainless steel bowls. His toys are a little dirty I guess. Could that be the cause? Maybee the bully sticks? (I know they are a choke hazard but he never gets to chew one unsupervised, I swear). His hormones might be all scrambled up since he got clipped. I know this because he's been a little bit of a jerk. Like a teenager. Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The teenage years have started.... what food are you feeding and what is the protein?

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
The teenage years have started.... what food are you feeding and what is the protein?
We give him taste of the wild bison and venison puppy formula. 27% protein. 3 cups a day split in two meals.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Some bully's do get the acne worse than others. Keep the area dry and clean, consider putting Desetine on the bumps. only at night time so he doesn't get it in his water. let us know how he gets along. the first thing a bully touches things with is the chin, so keeping it clean and dry is best

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea had them as a week pup. I even bought Stridex pads one time (still have them). She kind of grew out of that plus, keeping her chin clean and dry helped the most. Every once in awhile she'll get a little zit, but it's rare now. She's 3.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Also, if you have a dishwasher, throw the toys in there. If you dont, soak them in vinegar or peroxide diluted with REALLY hot water

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
when i got sarah spayed last year for bout 2 months afterward her hormones went crazy then settled down again. i would get the duoxo pads to put on the bumps and ive read that a warm wet washcloth held on the bumps can help. when sarah had some i even put some neosporin on them. i would also be sure and wash your water and food bowls often and the toys. you may want to take away all treats and limit the diet to food only. you may also want to look at food as a possible culprit. sarah only gets red chin bumps if i feed her something that doesnt agree with her or her allergies act up. keep the face clean and dry as others have said. if they break open and bleed or get worse a vet visit maybe in order for some cream or antibiotics.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.