Other UPDATE: Otis - MRI Results are in

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
My boy, Carl and I made it through a long stressful day yesterday to find that nothing was fproound "abnormal" on the views of his neck, shoulder, elbow and paw. Whewww is all we can say - the determination is a soft tissue injury that has not healed. He continues to be restricted to small area, no running, jumping or rough housing and pee and poop while on leash. Mom is ging to have to show some pretty "tough love" but after the scare, stress and financial aspect of this all you better believe that is what I intend to do.

They suggest physical therapy but we are choosing acupuncture, Otis has already been to one visit which occurded this past Monday, he has 5 to go, one each week. We also have started him on Nuvet Plus and Nuvet Joint Plus along with his prescribed medication of: Rimadyl (inflammation) Tramadol (pain relief) and Acepromazine (sedative) to help in those moments he cant help but being his 15mo old self.

We have blocked off the couch, upstairs and along with his crate when we are not home and a small living area when we are, we hope to have him healed soon. They said 6-8 weeks if we follow the instructions to the T.

I appreciate everyones support. The MRI really answered those questions that would have been unanswered if not done and I would have second guessed myself without it.

Otis is a FANTASTIC patient with everything he has been through and will continue to go through until he is healed. I have the best bully around!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Well this is GREAT news! I am sure Mr. Otis will be happier once he is healed and can run around. Best of luck in his recovery!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Beside myself with JOY! I am doing the 'jumping around' for Otis :p

Sloppy kisses all around!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wgat fab=ntastic news..... good luck with everything. give him a hug from us and keep us posted on Mom and Otis progress

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Wonderful news! :D I know how hard all of this is for you. :hug:to you and Otis.

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thank you everyone!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hope that muscle strain heals soon. Glad it's nothing worse!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awesome news! We used accupuncture on our Rottie for years. She had spinal stenosis and bad hips. It helped her immensely! She so loved to go and she totally relaxed during and after her sessions. Tramadol was one of her meds too..but forever along with a couple others.

I know he will do fine...he has great parents! ;)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is wonderful news what a relief that must have been, good luck for the next 6 - 8 weeks trying to keep him quite.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Good news I am so happy for you both! A little road ahead of you to get him healed but what a relief!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great news! I hope acupuncture heals him for good and he can again be like a 15 months old bully-boy!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That is great news, so glad everything went smoothly and the results were good news, and it wasn't anything serious. Good job mommy, and with your care and love Otis will improve and continue to heal. I hope how has a speedy recovery. Love, hugs and prayers sent your way and to Otis. One suggestion I can add is to put 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar in his drinking water everyday, it is very good for inflammation, so may help him with that, it can't hurt as it is natural. Good luck on his recovery and keep us posted on how he is doing

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
That is great news, so glad everything went smoothly and the results were good news, and it wasn't anything serious. Good job mommy, and with your care and love Otis will improve and continue to heal. I hope how has a speedy recovery. Love, hugs and prayers sent your way and to Otis. One suggestion I can add is to put 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar in his drinking water everyday, it is very good for inflammation, so may help him with that, it can't hurt as it is natural. Good luck on his recovery and keep us posted on how he is doing

Thank you, I will add the vinegar, you're right - it cant hurt.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online