Scabs in ears?

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Hello bullie friends,
I have a question, I will start with a little back story first. I have noticed the last few days Boadie's belly has had a rash, which happens some times ever sense he was a baby. I always calked it up to environmental allergies. So when I noticed this rash this time it was much worse than normal. I also have been noticing eye gunk in the mornings. So gave him a bath and a benadryl. It seemed to help a bit, his belly still looks a bit swollen but not so red. All of that seems like allergies and with he pollen flying through the air here that doen't seem to unusual. So this morning I noticed he was itching his ear, and I like to help itch those ears as I did I noticed that there are some small scabs in his ear. Only one has this. Could this be a reaction from allergies? Maybe he got it scratched playing with his bully friends. What could this be?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hard to tell what they are from, I'd just keep an eye on it and if he ear stars to smell I'd tale him to the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
can you get a picture or give more description of the scabs?

Banks sometimes gets what look/feel like scabs, but it is, lack of better word, crap that has hardened from her allergies. This time of year i check/clean her ears almost everyday

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
They are scabs, I will try to get a pic but I can't find my camera. Upon better inspection they look like scrapes or scratches so maybe it is from the the dogs playing with each other. Should I try to use ear cleanser? I am afraid it will irritate it more and he will want to scratch at it more.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are scabs, I will try to get a pic but I can't find my camera. Upon better inspection they look like scrapes or scratches so maybe it is from the the dogs playing with each other. Should I try to use ear cleanser? I am afraid it will irritate it more and he will want to scratch at it more.

use some peroxide to clean it up and stop any possible infection

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Could also be scratches from HIM ... scratching his own ear???

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would certainly clean the ears, the ears are also a part of bad allergies in bullies. Poor baby!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.