xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
Pickle weighed in at 22 lb.
Doc says she is looking good with the exception of the beginning of some tear stains. She also scratches her ears but they are clean, so we believe she is having signs of an allergy. I started changing her food from Fromm beef frittata to
Nature's Variety Instinct Beef meal and Lamb meal formula. Hopefully, the elimination of the potatoes will do the trick - we will see. The next visit will be for Pickle to get spayed (around 6 months), unless something pops up.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
teething my have something to do with the ear scratching too, just a thought. sounds like a good vet visit :2thumbs:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Congratulations on a good vet visit! We will keep our fingers crossed that nothing "pops up". Pickle is so cute.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It's a horrible spring this year too, I even have allergies and I never do! Glad the check up was good overall. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=7945]xsubsailor[/MENTION] I've also noticed Blue scratching his ears and am thinking the same thing, allergies. [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] Teething, really? I haven't heard of that. Would be great if that's what it is instead of allergies.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Great news on the vet visit!!!

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
She has lost 3 teeth this week but she has been scratching since I got her back 2/13/13. I thought the Fromm would do the trick but she is slowly getting worse with yeast issues. I was going to go with Natures logic but Natures variety is more available in my area. Since they are both high quality, I am trying NV first.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@xsubsailor I've also noticed Blue scratching his ears and am thinking the same thing, allergies. @Sherry Teething, really? I haven't heard of that. Would be great if that's what it is instead of allergies.

I would only assume, if the ear canal is clear? to check the mouth for new teeth eruption or other problems related to the mouth. I think it was Lisa who had found a hair stuck between two teeth and the area was sore.

Just like a baby, they can't tell you exactly where it hurts, but you can get a good indication of the general area. :rolleyes:

OP
xsubsailor

xsubsailor

Jan 24, 2013
West Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pickle
I would only assume, if the ear canal is clear? to check the mouth for new teeth eruption or other problems related to the mouth. I think it was Lisa who had found a hair stuck between two teeth and the area was sore.

That's interesting, I never would have thought of that.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i hope your baby gets better. :) i hope the food change helps

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good luck with the food change.... and if her ears are still OK after the change That Sherry -- she is a wealth of knowledge!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
It's a horrible spring this year too, I even have allergies and I never do! Glad the check up was good overall. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

This is the truth! I have NEVER had allergies this bad and the bullies are suffering too!

If the food change doesn't work, consider talking to your vet about an anti-histamine for your baby to get through allergy season. All that itching can lead to larger problems if left unchecked...trust me! ;)

(P.S. The first time I read this thread, I thought your baby's name was Pickie - how cute! Then I saw it was Pickle - even cuter!)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.