Ike getting neutered on saturday

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
In two days, we are taking Ike to get neutered. we are confident with the Vet, he knows bullies. we have asked all the right questions.

Still doesn't take the worries of having Ike put under.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=7601]whitebronc[/MENTION] I can certainly understand your worries. I, however, have always believed that getting animals spayed/neutered far outweigh the possible complications of surgery. I commend you for getting this done! All of my animals have and will always be "fixed". Too many unloved babies out there and its part of being a responsible pet owner. IMHO

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Got the Call from the vet, Ike is out of surgery and it went fine. they want to watch him for a bit. we will go pick him up in a little bit!:clap2:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So glad that Ike is OK, I was thinking of him earlier today. Bet he cant wait to get home!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
He's going to be dopey tonight and uncomfortable, best to just let him rest. He'll eat and drink in the morning. don't be surprised if he has a cough from the tube. will be here if you need anything

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=7601]whitebronc[/MENTION] How's Ike feeling today?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm a little late to this but so happy everything went ok!!!

The problem now will be keeping him still. I know Daddy and Linus were bouncing off the walls the next day. :no:

OP
whitebronc

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Hi All, Thanks for the well wishes..

Ike is just fine, when we got there he was all happy and bouncy as soon as he saw us. We took him home he rested for a bit. fed him a little bit of late dinner, he didnt really feel like eating. the next day he did vomit a little bit in the morning. but since then, its like nothing ever happened. trying to make a tank puppy rest is the most challenging aspect of this whole thing. thanks again for all the support and I do have a quick story of when we took Ike to his appointment.

We go there, vet did a quick physical checkup make sure he is fine...

I started asking questions, so your going go bring him under with propofol and maintain with Iso?

how long will he be under? I want to know what size intubating tube you used. etc, etc....

Aftwards we are getting ready to leave... the Vet and the tech asked me..

"What is your experience with bulldogs? you are very knowledgeable. you asked every right question "

Ike is my first one, but I learned a lot. I told them

Now it is Mostly thanks to reading and talking to the members here. Thanks for everything!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.