Help Needed! I think Zeus has an ear infection!

mommy2zeus

Mar 9, 2012
Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Hello everyone! Last night Zeus was favoring his left ear and when I looked at it, it was pretty yucky so I cleaned it out with some cottonballs and a little bit of peroxide. It seemed to be ok the rest of the night but this morning, it was worse and looked like it was even draining! I tried to just clean it without the peroxide and he did like that to much...even yelped a little. My little man was just to the vet to get fixed last week and I really can't afford to take him back for another appointment.

Is there anything at home I can use or something over the counter I can get for him??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If it is an infection, you'll need antibiotic to totally clear it up. But, clean it with vinegar and water too

OP
mommy2zeus

mommy2zeus

Mar 9, 2012
Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I was told by a friend that the drainage isn't a good thing and that I should get him to the vet! He has an appointment at 4:30 so hopefully we can get this cleared up and I can have a 100% healthy bullie again...this will be his third vet visit in a month! I think I am more sick of the vet than he is!!!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I was told by a friend that the drainage isn't a good thing and that I should get him to the vet! He has an appointment at 4:30 so hopefully we can get this cleared up and I can have a 100% healthy bullie again...this will be his third vet visit in a month! I think I am more sick of the vet than he is!!!!!

Oh, we so understand AND sympathize...hoping it's Zeus's last problem and vet visit.

How is Zeus and what was his dx & rx to fix it? Hope he's not yelping still...GOD bless!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Sorry I missed your post!!! Poor baby! How did the appointment go?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
We use equal parts of water, vinegar and alcohol. Put a few drops in the ear canal and massage. Let the dog shake it's head. Clean out what you can with a cotton ball.

Glad Zeus went to the vet you are a good Bully mom. He is very cute.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online