General Question Goop in the eyes

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Is anyone elses Bully waking up with large gumps of goop in their eyes?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
YES!!! Every morning for the last couple of weeks, not just in the morning but through out the day as well. Vegas has numourous allergies and right now everything is blooming here in FL. My own eyes are itchy. I have been giving him Benadryl morning and night, and just wiping his eyes with a warm cloth. Its annoying but I do believe it is strictly allergies in our case.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds like allergies and as [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] said, try some Benadryl one mg per lb. of weight. So if he weight 50 to 60 lbs. then 50 mg would do.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Molly does but she also has dry eyes, I use eye wash and it comes out easily. Some days are far worse than others.

I am not quite sure what or why her eyes did this, because many times her eyes seem to have plenty of tears and they improve whenever she has been on antibiotics over the past couple years. So we are experimenting with ketaconzole (sp?) because she also has the corn chip yeast issue when it's bad. 5 days into the meds and she barely has any boogies at all. Two days ago they were awful. But the creosote is in full bloom in az too. It's like a puzzle with them sometimes! Could her dry eye not really be dry eye but a symptom to the yeasty beasties? I'll let you know next week!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yup, we have goop's too. Peggy has them ever since the entropion surgery. She's on Cyclosporine right now, it's expensive at $30 for 3.5g tube it only last a couple of weeks and she stays on it for 6 weeks. we are on our 3rd tube and have one more to go. If she can't produce her own tears after that, we just treat everyday for the rest of her life with moisturizing tear drops. Griz gets dry buggers too. I treat his with wash and gel tears. Always wash with a moist warm paper towel , couple times daily... fun fun.... the rest of the crew isn't as severe a simple wiping will suffice. It's seasonal right now too

OP
LynnA

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thank you everyone. Yeah, it must be allergies - he is on benedryl at night maybe I'll do in morning too.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.