URGENT!!! Help, my english bulldog is bleeding from his pen*s

KimboAndSean

Feb 24, 2013
California
Bulldog(s) Names
kimbo
my english bulldog jumped into my back seat, and thats when i noticed blood on the seat.
i thought maybe he cut himself but i could not find any cuts anywhere.
as he moved around, more blood showed up and at this moment, i am losing my mind.

i look under him and blood is coming from his penis, i pulled back the skin to expose his penis and it was bloody (not too bloody, but enough to worry the **** out of me)

Now my dog, Kimbo, is acting like nothing happened. this does not seem to bother him...

he still wants to play, run, sleep, eat, drink, and play some more...but i do not like the fact that he is bleeding...

Also, this happened to me once before, but it was only dripping a few drops of blood...i took him to the vet (i didnt like this vet) and he said its normal and to give him antibiotics....

i called my new vet and left messages but he has not got back to me yet, and he is closed on sundays....

i can always count on everyone here from English Bulldog News and im hoping you guys can once again help me out before i freak out....please

call my cell too because i am scared and want to know whats wrong before its too late

1 626 665 8239
Sean

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwww Sean..you are most welcome. Now you know not to panic...he might need surgery..but your vet will know for sure. When David checks in, he can answer more..he's very experienced. Just take a deep breath and keep Kimbo from playing too much...:hug:

OP
KimboAndSean

KimboAndSean

Feb 24, 2013
California
Bulldog(s) Names
kimbo
that info really helped.......i believe my english bulldog has a prolapsed urethra....my problem is...

i cant afford a surgery if he needs one (i am a college student with no job, barely getting by)
also if he does need one, can i wait or will it harm him?
my bully is my life!!

We just had another Bully with this same problem a few hours go..let me go find it and put a link here for you...be back!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?25161-Enzo-bleeding-from-penis

Lots of info here! Until others get here!
@Davidh

OP
KimboAndSean

KimboAndSean

Feb 24, 2013
California
Bulldog(s) Names
kimbo
does it hurt kimbo though??
i dont want him to be in pain :(

Awwww Sean..you are most welcome. Now you know not to panic...he might need surgery..but your vet will know for sure. When David checks in, he can answer more..he's very experienced. Just take a deep breath and keep Kimbo from playing too much...:hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
does it hurt kimbo though??
i dont want him to be in pain :(

I don't know anything about it Sean. Just what I have read here. He might need surgery..maybe you can work something out with your vet. I am assuming, from what I read, that it isn't painful. I did see @cali baker had her bully with this and not need surgery. Has Kimbo been neutered? Just focus on keeping him calm. Don't panic about the outcome. See wht your vet says..

OP
KimboAndSean

KimboAndSean

Feb 24, 2013
California
Bulldog(s) Names
kimbo
yes kimbo is neutered, and he is sleeping in my bed next to me right now....

thank you JAKEISGREAT!!

im being as calm as i can as well : /

I don't know anything about it Sean. Just what I have read here. He might need surgery..maybe you can work something out with your vet. I am assuming, from what I read, that it isn't painful. I did see @cali baker had her bully with this and not need surgery. Has Kimbo been neutered? Just focus on keeping him calm. Don't panic about the outcome. See wht your vet says..

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
yes kimbo is neutered, and he is sleeping in my bed next to me right now....

thank you JAKEISGREAT!!

im being as calm as i can as well : /

I understand. You love him...we had some info on here about places to contact for help with vet bills..I will try to find it and tag you. Might find some options if you need it. He's calm and not in pain. Call your vet on Monday...and go from there. Please let us know too! Ok..I will go search for that info.....:)

cornelia

Feb 16, 2012
Lichtenau, a village in northwest Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Frieda, Kosmo
Hi Sean,
I think Kimbo has a urethra prolapse. I know some bulldogs which had the same. They all needed an operation. You are lucky that he doesn´t bleed very much, but the risk, that he will suddenly lose a lot of blood is high. Try to borrow the money, Kimbo will be thankful :-)

Wishing him a rapid recovery, Cornelia

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry late to this, but just keep an eye on him and let your regular vet see him when you can. If that's what he has he will more than likely need surgery, but like [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] said, maybe you can work something out with your vet or borrow the money. Surgery always doesn't work the first time either, so it's things to discuss with your vet. If he is nor that familiar with the procedure, I would find a bully vet that is.

OP
KimboAndSean

KimboAndSean

Feb 24, 2013
California
Bulldog(s) Names
kimbo
so he is still bleeding, and its more than last time.....
i called a few places and they want to charge me $80 to see him, i dont have $80

i am so worried

Most Reactions