General Question bleeding pimples

Fionasmom

Mar 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona Faith Marie
My 10 month old bully has pimples under her chin. It has been opening up and she bleeds on my bed, couch etc. Has anyone experienced this before and what did you do about it? Thanks!:)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My 10 month old bully has pimples under her chin. It has been opening up and she bleeds on my bed, couch etc. Has anyone experienced this before and what did you do about it? Thanks!:)
:smileywelcome: well welcome to the site, and yes pretty near everyone has this at some point, it's a acne that bully's get. It helps if you dry the chin after they drink. It's kind of a teen age thing sorta. If you think about the bulldog chin. It's the first thing on them that touches everything. Dirt, food, water. Best to keep it clean.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma has them right now, I have a "facial acne" thread going below. I've been using desitin and it's really helped.

egghunt3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate gets this and his pop and bleed too. Today he just completed a 2wk Course of antibiotics because it was so bad.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
I've had this too with Wilbur ever since he was about 9 months old. He has been on many many rounds of antibiotics. I have changed his food many times since I really believe this is a food allergy with him (poultry? Beef? Potatoes?).
I finally caved and have both him and his sister on prescription food from the vet (MediCal Hypoallergenic HP) and I am at almost 10 weeks. This is the longest I have ever gone without him breaking out...usually the mess would one back at 6 weeks on a new food and after the antibiotics were out of his system.

I am not thrilled to have them on such a "fake" food, but I have to say both dogs have never been better. Wilbur's skin is incredible and Layla's chronic ear infections have disappeared ( her tear stains are also nearly gone....weird hey?). My long term plan is to get them on a more natural food but right now I am so happy that they are thriving and neither one is on any meds.

Some folks here have great results with wiping/ hygiene and creams, and I hope that is all it takes for you too! If the bleeding is bad though, you might want a round if antibiotics just to get it under control though....:)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Sherry pretty much said it..... Its a bully thing! Keeping her face as dry as you possibly can will work wonders; Desitin is a huge help too. It's really something any age can get but the teens seem to get it the worse. HRH is 6.5 yo and still gets a zit now and then.
AND :smileywelcome: to EBN!!!

OP
Fionasmom

Fionasmom

Mar 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona Faith Marie
Thank you Sherry. I will try the desitin. I also read that plastic bowls can add to the acne. So I will change that too.

SquareDog

Mar 10, 2013
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
Loupotamus
We use Stridex (yes, like the people kind) on Lou's chin when it happens, and it seems to help keep pimples at bay, or managable. You may also want to try putting a fish oil pill in his food. We started doing that about 8 weeks ago and we haven't had any skin problems since.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.