Thread: bleeding pimples

Bulldog(s) Names
    Fiona Faith Marie
    Likes (Received)

Default bleeding pimples

My 10 month old bully has pimples under her chin. It has been opening up and she bleeds on my bed, couch etc. Has anyone experienced this before and what did you do about it? Thanks!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: bleeding pimples

Quote Originally Posted by Fionasmom View Post
    My 10 month old bully has pimples under her chin. It has been opening up and she bleeds on my bed, couch etc. Has anyone experienced this before and what did you do about it? Thanks!
    well welcome to the site, and yes pretty near everyone has this at some point, it's a acne that bully's get. It helps if you dry the chin after they drink. It's kind of a teen age thing sorta. If you think about the bulldog chin. It's the first thing on them that touches everything. Dirt, food, water. Best to keep it clean.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Emma has them right now, I have a "facial acne" thread going below. I've been using desitin and it's really helped.

Last edited by cali~jenn; 03-30-2013 at 12:06 AM.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Tate gets this and his pop and bleed too. Today he just completed a 2wk Course of antibiotics because it was so bad.

Real Name
    Bree
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Layla and Wilbur
    Likes (Received)

I've had this too with Wilbur ever since he was about 9 months old. He has been on many many rounds of antibiotics. I have changed his food many times since I really believe this is a food allergy with him (poultry? Beef? Potatoes?).
    I finally caved and have both him and his sister on prescription food from the vet (MediCal Hypoallergenic HP) and I am at almost 10 weeks. This is the longest I have ever gone without him breaking out...usually the mess would one back at 6 weeks on a new food and after the antibiotics were out of his system.

I am not thrilled to have them on such a "fake" food, but I have to say both dogs have never been better. Wilbur's skin is incredible and Layla's chronic ear infections have disappeared ( her tear stains are also nearly gone....weird hey?). My long term plan is to get them on a more natural food but right now I am so happy that they are thriving and neither one is on any meds.

Some folks here have great results with wiping/ hygiene and creams, and I hope that is all it takes for you too! If the bleeding is bad though, you might want a round if antibiotics just to get it under control though....
    My whole world

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Sherry pretty much said it..... Its a bully thing! Keeping her face as dry as you possibly can will work wonders; Desitin is a huge help too. It's really something any age can get but the teens seem to get it the worse. HRH is 6.5 yo and still gets a zit now and then.
    AND to EBN!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Fiona Faith Marie
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Sherry. I will try the desitin. I also read that plastic bowls can add to the acne. So I will change that too.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Loupotamus
    Likes (Received)

We use Stridex (yes, like the people kind) on Lou's chin when it happens, and it seems to help keep pimples at bay, or managable. You may also want to try putting a fish oil pill in his food. We started doing that about 8 weeks ago and we haven't had any skin problems since.

Remove Ads