A reaction this quick??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Today is Vegas's birthday, he has many allergies. For tonights dinner I browned him a little bit of ground chuck and have him half a cup with half a cup of kibble. He is eating grain free Lamb. That was at 5:00. It is now 8:00 and he is licking his feet and itching his belly. Could a food reaction happen this fast?? I washed him with antibacterial soap, dried him and gave him yet another Benadryl. I am shocked :eek: that a reaction could happen this quickly to his dinner. BUT our environmental alleriges are out of control right now here in Florida. Everything is blooming and he has been allergy ridden all week. Just wondering if food allergy could make this happen this quick?? [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] or anyone else that would know?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Kelly, have you ever rinsed him in vinegar and water? the type of vinegar doesn't really matter, even white is fine. If you do decide to give it a shot, one cup of vinegar to one gallon of water. pour it on and leave it on, make sure to get into pits and on belly also between the toes.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would think it's his seasonal allergies acting up. I wouldn't think what you feed him would do that.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes a food reaction can happen that fast. ive had sarah react within 15 minutes of feeding her a certain food. keep with the benadryl and you can try the vinagar n water thing or hydrocortisone cream for the itching on his belly. if its food it should go away n not come back unless you give him more of what is bothering him.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I think it is the seasonal allergies as well, I live in North Florida and like you stated the pollen is off the chain. Plus with having everything blooming then a freeze and many trees and plants reblooming its thick

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online