Vomiting and refusing to eat

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Custer, Maisie, Mosby and a cat who thinks he is a bulldog
I am scared to death that Custer may have a blockage. We head to the vet in a little bit here.

History.
3 days ago he began vomiting, not projectile, just "gack" and there it was. It was only green bile so I thought perhaps his stomach had gotten empty, virus, anything and withheld food for 24 hours making sure he had pedialyte to drink.

One firm stool during that first day, no other stools.

2 days ago he was still vomiting, altho not so much as he had nothing in his gut. I tried rice and chicken...he then vomited that.
lots of urination so he is not dehydrated.
no stool

yesterday I began feeding him a teaspoon at a time the ID diet. He kept it down for the most part. One stool diahrrea.

Last night he refused food.

This a.m. he refused food.

He will drink a gallon of water/pedialyte if I let him.

He has no pain when I press his abdomen.

He is quiet and lays about doing what I'd call a low grumble, sounds like a growl.

My poor boy. He did this last year about this time and it was gastritis. Does anyone have a dog that has seasonal gastritis? Is there such a thing?

I am hating he is this sick again. I can't wait to get to that vet appt.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh poor baby, sounds like a vet visit is in order. If they do X-rays I would request a barium X-ray because a lot of the time what they swallow is cloth and won't show up. Please keep us posted xx. :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy, I hope it's not a blockage, please keep us informed, and I hope he gets better soon.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm thinking of Custer and hoping for the very best outcome for him. Please let us know how the vet visit was when you get a chance.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am scared to death that Custer may have a blockage. We head to the vet in a little bit here.

History.
3 days ago he began vomiting, not projectile, just "gack" and there it was. It was only green bile so I thought perhaps his stomach had gotten empty, virus, anything and withheld food for 24 hours making sure he had pedialyte to drink.

One firm stool during that first day, no other stools.

2 days ago he was still vomiting, altho not so much as he had nothing in his gut. I tried rice and chicken...he then vomited that.
lots of urination so he is not dehydrated.
no stool

yesterday I began feeding him a teaspoon at a time the ID diet. He kept it down for the most part. One stool diahrrea.

Last night he refused food.

This a.m. he refused food.

He will drink a gallon of water/pedialyte if I let him.

He has no pain when I press his abdomen.

He is quiet and lays about doing what I'd call a low grumble, sounds like a growl.

My poor boy. He did this last year about this time and it was gastritis. Does anyone have a dog that has seasonal gastritis? Is there such a thing?

I am hating he is this sick again. I can't wait to get to that vet appt.

How is Stonewall??

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Keeping Custer in our prayers and y'all too. Carol & Cami

OP
mcardle3

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Custer, Maisie, Mosby and a cat who thinks he is a bulldog
What a weekend.

We have been up to our ankles in bile vomit. Three trips the vet and surgery today. He had somehow found a piece of green rubber of some sort. It had passed his stomach and lodged in his intestines near his pancreas. The fear is that the colon had some necrosis, and she didn't want to mess with that section as it is so very near the pancreas. She took him home with her tonight, and will see if he'll eat tomorrow, if so I can go get him.

If not, he stays...she must see food come in and come out before he leaves.

I have had so much stress in the last 5 days I feel sick myself with it.

To the person who asked about Stonewall. He had to be rehomed as he did not get along with the other two boys at all and it was 100% war here 100% of the time. He's doing great there, and loving his new house, and that's what it is all about.

Now, if we could just get the knucklehead Custer to stop feasting on whatever he wishes, life would be a lot easier. We still could lose him, and my heart is aching and trying not to think of that...but we have done all we possibly can :(

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Prayers and best wishes for Custer to get better, soon! I'm so sorry he's going through this.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in and praying for Custer & y'all...GOD be with you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online