Help Needed! Pain in back left leg.

Donovan

Mar 24, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
Today my 1 year old healthy male, started to limp. I held his back paw gently to inspect it and he let out this growl/yelp in pain. He had been perfectly fine up to this point. Does this sound like a sprain or pano. I don't know what to do. I have checked all the obvious things. Before I take him to vet I want to get some opinions. It is Sunday night and I can not get him to a vet until Monday afternoon.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..I'm sorry he is hurting. If I were you, I'd probably go to the vet to be sure. Was there any reason he could've injured it? Jumping off bed, paying hard...anything? Any lumps or swelling? For peace of mind..I'd have X-rays taken. I hope he is better very soon..

And welcome to the forum!

OP
Donovan

Donovan

Mar 24, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
Thanks no he was just hanging around the house. I started to brush him and as he was walking away I noticed him limping.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks no he was just hanging around the house. I started to brush him and as he was walking away I noticed him limping.

Sometimes Bully's can pull a muscle or strain one pretty easily. If you can keep him crated and off his leg as much as possible, a good test is to do that for a few days and see if there is any improvement at all. If not..he should go to the vet. If he is crying, I would take him right away. Please let us know..

OP
Donovan

Donovan

Mar 24, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
He went to the vet today said it could be a sprain or possible hip problems. He is on a vitamin regiment and eats good food. He seems to be doing good today.

OP
Donovan

Donovan

Mar 24, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
He is doing great! He is not limping or anything. Gave him a nice long bath and a massage on his back legs and hips. You would never even know he was in pain. Thank you to everyone who commented.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
He is doing great! He is not limping or anything. Gave him a nice long bath and a massage on his back legs and hips. You would never even know he was in pain. Thank you to everyone who commented.

Such good news ..... they can be such a worry at times!!!! :blink:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

very happy to hear he is doing better

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.