Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hair loss patch on Lucy

Real Name
    Brian
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Brandi (RIP), Jackson (RIP),Ca$h (RIP), Miss Daisey, Sir Winford, Charlee, Darla, and Stuart
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hair loss patch on Lucy

The medicine and shampoo did work for Brandi. Her spots are all gone now, but it took some time. Like you, we did not see any improvement after even a few weeks. But we hung in there (3 months plus) and almost all of her hair is back.

I kissed a Bulldog and I loved it.....there is nothing better in this world than a Senior Bulldog.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy, born 8/3/11
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    The medicine and shampoo did work for Brandi. Her spots are all gone now, but it took some time. Like you, we did not see any improvement after even a few weeks. But we hung in there (3 months plus) and almost all of her hair is back.
    What medicine were you giving her? Do you by any chance have any photos?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy, born 8/3/11
    Likes (Received)

Hi ALl-

I'm checking back in at 10/02/13. The hair loss spot is now even worse -- there are only a few hair follicles and her skin is dark pigmented.-photo-jpg

Anyone think that this could be something other than Flank Alopecia? Took her to two vets -- 1 Vet said it most likely is Vet 2 said she wasn't sure and wanted to do a biopsy just to rule anything else out. Is it worth trying to change food? She's on Holistic Select Grain-Free (Salmon, Anchovy and Sardine) and has been on Holistic Select as a pup. She has solid BMs, doesn't itch, and almost no gas. Is it worth it to try to switch foods? she only has the bald spot on one side.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola (1/31/11) & Chief (9/18/00-12/30/10)
    Likes (Received)

I have a pic of Lola posted on the 1st page of this thread, and it looked just like that. Hers got real bad on one side, and then started on the other side. Noticed it on one side last Nov., took her to the vet in Jan. when she was diagnosed with SFA and was told to give her melatonin, started losing hair on the other side and took her back to the vet in March, upped the melatonin to 9mg twice a day, saw really no improvement until late in the summer when all of a sudden it started to grow back! I've continued the melatonin in hopes that it won't fall out again. So far, so good!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    GiGi
    Likes (Received)

Greenie's Pill Pockets...my dog will take any pill disguised in one of these...they are at almost any pet store. I buy mine online at Foster and Smith. Good Luck. I'm going to try melatonin too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads