Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad she's getting better, under the right conditions that bacteria or fungus can take over so quickly!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hi [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] im late to this but im glad emma is getting better. i was going to say allergies to as that looks like an allergic reaction to something. sarah will get this if i feed her something she is allergic to. did u say all this started with the fromm? if so id be thinking of something else for her maybe.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
k, gonna throw my :donate2: in..... I would try acne cream with 10% benzoyl peroxide in it. Just at bed time for during the night. that would dry it up. I would not put it on during the day where she'll dunk it in her water.

I really hope it clears up soon,

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
hi [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] im late to this but im glad emma is getting better. i was going to say allergies to as that looks like an allergic reaction to something. sarah will get this if i feed her something she is allergic to. did u say all this started with the fromm? if so id be thinking of something else for her maybe.

It seems to have all started with the Fromm. She's on the Beef Fritatta. She's had one or two before but nothing like this. I'm going to get through one more bag just to be sure.

k, gonna throw my :donate2: in..... I would try acne cream with 10% benzoyl peroxide in it. Just at bed time for during the night. that would dry it up. I would not put it on during the day where she'll dunk it in her water.

I really hope it clears up soon,
Sherry, I will try that after I finish up with the ointment that was prescribed for her. She's clearing up a bit and it's been two weeks (give or take) now. Tonight two on her chin popped and were bleeding. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Aw glad to hear how much better she is doing now!
Thanks! :) She's doing much better no doubt than the first pictures. I'll take a few more in a couple of days for another comparison.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Glad Emma's face is starting to clear up, it looks like it would hurt. Hope you can solve the mystery of the bumps soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Any chance it could be a springtime flare up?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Have you tried the Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads
  • These medicated pads provide unparalleled activity in topical management of pyoderma and Malassezia. Can be used for the antiseptic cleaning of interdigital areas, chin acne lesions, and nasal/lip and other fold pyodermas in cats and dogs. You can buy them from Amazon now, used to only find them at the vet. You can make the same by buying Hibiclens at Walmart, CVS etc. and Monistat cream. Wet a washcloth down with the Hibiclens and clean the area then apply the Monistat that takes care of any fungus.
http://www.amazon.com/Douxo-Chlorhe...TF8&qid=1365574000&sr=8-1&keywords=Duoxo+pads

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8502]christyjulene[/MENTION], thank you. I do have some that on hand and will use it. I wanted first to see if the prescription ointment helps first.

Lisa, not sure if it's a springtime flare up since this is her first real spring. She was too little last spring. :love:

Here's some progress pics I just took today. She's really looking much clearer now. Her bumbs/acne still needs to finish healing but wow what a difference. It's been 3 weeks now, give or take.

Way better.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wanted to give an update on Emma’s face. Overall it's so much better. I took these pics last night. She’s still clearing up and has a couple of new pimple bumps on her chin that you can see but overall she looks so much better. The redness on her upper socket is no longer red. The prescription med really helped, as has the Douxo pads. She still has tear stains but they only seem to get worse when she’s up and going and especially by the day’s end – she’s really clear and dry in the mornings. I’m thinking it’s environmental allergies. I’ll have her allergy tested probably later this summer. I also switched her food flavor from Fromm’s Beef Fritatta to Fromm Pork and Peas two weeks ago and I think that’s helping her out too.

61DA3932-3691-4EBB-BF05-0964B36FADBF-8336-00000168E784056C_zpsf1547711.jpg

86D6BAE5-4BC4-40DC-802C-93E3D929EB65-8336-00000168ED770245_zps6e19775e.jpg

30B8C26E-5FCB-4978-988D-53BC6936104C-8336-00000168F5392FF8_zps72b46be4.jpg

9DF034FF-E93C-4453-A8DA-B4CCD6B405DA-8336-0000016A34938C2A_zpsf647c371.jpg

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace has got a real bad case of this right now. It's been developing over the last couple of weeks. I began by washing and putting witch hazel on it but that didn't do much good. So the last couple of days I have been using Stridex pads on them and they seemed to be doing better and may be improving but this morning one of them may have bleed a little so I cleaned and applied some Neosporin on them as well. He is scheduled to go back to the vet for routine vaccination soon so if its not better by then will see what the vet recommends. The vet prescriptions, even for common drugs that you can get otc are usually priced outrageously it seems

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
As of last week, Emma's face is really great. All cleaned up and she's looking better than she ever has.

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Jeannie did you ever figure out what caused this? My 5 month old pup has some acne on his lower chin that doesn't seem to go away and was bleeding a few weeks ago. I am going to try and switch to ceramic bowls and try that.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.