Help Needed! Snotty nose?

bcarro45

Jan 15, 2013
Pasadena,Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaux
I noticed last night my dog has been sounding very stuffy and a runny nose, almost like a kid with the snot coming out. He is eating fine, drinking plenty of water and acting normal as ever, just wondering what to do. Thanks

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He could have allergies to all the pollen, try giving him some Benedryl to see if that helps, if it doesn't clear up in a few days or gets worse, I'd take him to the vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He could have allergies to all the pollen, try giving him some Benedryl to see if that helps, if it doesn't clear up in a few days or gets worse, I'd take him to the vet.

Agree.... BTW - benedryl dosage is 1 mg per pound of bully up to 3x a day

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
It is probable that environmental allergies are causing the symptoms. Ace sounded the same way before he got a respiratory infection and then his symptoms got much worse with hacking, coughing and vomiting up of mucus. He has been on an antibiotic for about 6 days along with an antihistamine. His symptoms have mostly cleared up. The vet said that she has seen an abnormally high incident of respiratory infections this year I asked her if she thought the pollen and allergic reactions to it may have led to the infection and she agreed. So keep an eye on your dog so that the symptoms don't get worse hopefully if your giving an antihistamine it will control the mucus before it gets worse and develops into an infection

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We have the same problem with Mabel--environmental allergies. We now have her on a Zyrtec every night. It worked wonders. That girl could shoot snot across the room! :eeeew:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I made the mistake of buying liquid benadryl the first time ... the the tablets .......... SO much easier to disguise in a piece of cheese or lunch meat!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.