Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi everyone, has anyone seen this before? Blossom has reddish black circles around her eyes. She has never had this before, there hasn't been any new food, treats, or snacks, but because we are going to Jamaica in 2 weeks, and I have to kennel them, they both got the kennel cough nasal vaccine 4 days ago. Could that cause the discolouration around her eyes? Dozer doesn't have this, but his fur is all brown and Blossom is white. What else could cause this? I'm going to drop by the vets to or row and just show them her eyes and see what they say.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 280

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Are her eyes watery/runny?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Those eyes are looking quite like Emma's did. She was really sensitive to Salmon oil and her tear stains were horrible, I mean horrible. That's why I don't post many pics of her. Turned out she had a fungus issue. Meds and a food change really cleared her up. She looks so much better. But her eyes rings were just like that. Her eyes always water when she plays.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Blossom is also sensitive or allergic to chicken and salmon oil. I haven't given her salmon oil for 5 months, and I switched her to Fromms Beef Frittata 6 months ago, she has never had this on her eyes before, nothing has changed with her food, treats, or snacks. The only thing that was new is the kennel cough nasal vaccine, she got it 4 days ago, and her eyes have been this colour for the past two days. Her eyes are not runny or goopy, just discoloured.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Remember they change with their sensitivities. Could be she's just changing. I wonder if it's just a reaction to whatever drug is in the shot then.

Have a GREAT time too Jamaica too!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, poor baby - looks to be allergy eyes as other have indicated. The moisture from the watery eyes causes stains. The allergies in Arizona are horrendous right now as everything is in bloom so we're going through this too!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.