Other The vet says Max should lose 2 pounds....

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Max now hates the vet. lol

Max is 2.5, so full grown. He's a small bully. He weighs 47 pounds now. The vet wants him at 45. He is on a prepared raw diet (Instinct Raw). He eats 2 patties (basically 2 cups) per day. He eats every meal like he hasn't eaten in days, and like he might not get to eat for days more.

He has a lot of energy and we go on at least 2 20 minute walks every day.

I have no idea how to get him to lose 2 pounds.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Cut back on his food a little, and add green beans to his food, they will not add calories, but will help fill him up. You can get either the frozen ones or canned.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Could you work in one more 20 minute walk? It sounds like he isn't over eating. What about treats, does he get them and can you cut back? My Bulldogs are hungry all the time, too! Matter of fact, so am I!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Could you work in one more 20 minute walk? It sounds like he isn't over eating. What about treats, does he get them and can you cut back? My Bulldogs are hungry all the time, too! Matter of fact, so am I!!!

OP
TandVsMom

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
I don't do a lot of treats with him because he is fairly food sensitive. I could work in another walk, but while school is in session my schedule is a bit hectic, so unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to do 3 walks every day. I can't wait til this semester is over!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I had my two at the vet last Sunday , and Dozer weighed in at 42.2 lbs, and Blossom weighed 42.4 lbs. They are both a year old, and get 1 cup of Fromms in the morning, and 1 cup in the evening. My vet said the same thing about Blossom , that she had to lose 2 pounds. My two basically weigh the same, but my male Dozer has a more muscular body, and looks kind of like a boxer, and Blossom has the body of a tank, she has a more bully body, and her chest is much fuller than her brothers. I don't think it's because they eat too much, I think it's more because its been a long cold winter, and so they haven't been going on as many long walks and they haven't been getting their 15 or 20 minute runs over the winter. I think once the spring and nicer weather comes, and they are more active again, she'll lose that 2 lbs. it's probably the same for your guy, it sounds like he's very active with his two walks everyday.

here is a picture of my guys, do they look like they are over weight?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 110
OP
TandVsMom

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
No, they look good to me. Max is very 'bully' - very broad, short, and stocky.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Will 2 pounds really make a huge difference if the dog is fit and healthy? It doesn't sound like they're over fed and they get exercise.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.