ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel has been on one medication after another since we got her. As soon as she goes off a med, she perks up and acts like the little dog we want her to be for a couple of days. Most of her problems are respiratory related. She produces a lot of mucus and sounds "junky" all of the time. I am frustrated that we're treating symptoms with drugs instead of finding out what's causing the problem and making it better. Has anyone else had problems with excessive mucus? Is it allergy related? Could it be food related? How did you treat it? :confused:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: Could be allergy related? How old is she? Have you tried the squirt of lemon juice to help break up the mucus?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Chris, I swear by this with Goldie because Goldie always sounds "raspy" and will cough occasionally. It's all natural ingredients and homeopathic. It's called Respiratory Support and I order it from Carolina Pet Pantry. It's $18 for a bottle and I put 20 drops in her food at breakfast and dinner and she sounds less raspy and her eyes don't get all gunky and mucous filled from her dry eye condition which the cyclosporine drops don't really seem to help. I can tell when she hasn't had her drops for even just a day because her eyes will get all gross again. When she went to get spayed she came home the next day looking and sounding terrible. I think because she had pneumonia she's always going to have respiratory issues but these drops are really working for her.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No help aside from the lemon juice squirt but that doesn't solve the ongoing problem. I haven't heard of what Kim is recommending but it sounds like it sure might help.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It can be from food allergies or seasonal allergies, but I would say since she has this all the time it may be food related. Maybe try another food with a different protein and grain free.

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Chris, I swear by this with Goldie because Goldie always sounds "raspy" and will cough occasionally. It's all natural ingredients and homeopathic. It's called Respiratory Support and I order it from Carolina Pet Pantry. It's $18 for a bottle and I put 20 drops in her food at breakfast and dinner and she sounds less raspy and her eyes don't get all gunky and mucous filled from her dry eye condition which the cyclosporine drops don't really seem to help. I can tell when she hasn't had her drops for even just a day because her eyes will get all gross again. When she went to get spayed she came home the next day looking and sounding terrible. I think because she had pneumonia she's always going to have respiratory issues but these drops are really working for her.

she has done better today with 1/2 tab of Zyrtec, but I am going to order the Respiratory Support drops. Thanks for the tip! She also has gunky eyes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.