Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sounds about right, but may be a little on the lean side. The best way to tell is they should have a waist, and when you rub your hands down their side, you should not easily feel ribs, but if you push in with a little pressure then you can feel them. We always feed our pups under 6 months of age three times a day and about 3/4 to 1 cup each feeding.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Four months and 26 pounds but that doesn't mean the dog is not the right size. Much depends on its genetics. But I would feed him a little more. Don't need to overdo it but at that age I would feed him some more and feed three times a day

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace is 5 months old and we still feed him three times a day. He eats pretty good at breakfast, not so much at lunch [he doesn't want as much] but for supper he eats a lot. He probably eats as much after 6 pm as he does the rest of the day combined and would eat more if we gave it to him

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone above. Good advice, a puppy should eat 3 times per day and 3/4 to cup at each feeding, until they are 6 or 7 months old. Puppies need the extra calories and fat for rapid growth and development. When they are about 7 months old, you can eliminate the midday feeding and go to twice a day meals of 1 cup each.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It is better for them to be on the lean side as pups. You can tell if they're to thin. My Voitto is 4 months and weights 30 pounds, but his sire is a big boy at a lean 68lbs. I feed 1,5lbs raw/day.

OP
GretzkysMomma

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
I actually have to press in pretty firmly to feel his ribs, and he is like a rectangle. No waistline.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 142

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Davidh has given great advice....

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Hi Gretzky sounds like he right behind Ike, the losing of the teeth, age/weight. His weight for age seems pretty much on track also. I feed the longevity from Blue Buffalo. from Month 4-5 has been an extreme growing month for Ike. he is getting bigger, and growing, I think the other week I put him on the scale @ petsmart he was an unofficial 41 lbs.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Young dogs need lots of calories to grow. They will benefit from 3 times a day up to 6 months if this can be done.
Look at the parents and know what thier weight is. Don't let the bag determine how much you feed. Learn what a bullie is suppose to look like and then feed more or less to get to that. Yes, there are many over weight bulldogs even at 40-50 lbs. But a BIG BONE male can weigh up to 85 lbs and NOT be overweight. A top quality dog food is best to feed. You feed less, less stool volume, more digestable nutrients. 2-3 cups @ day seems to be about the range for 5-9 months puppies. But watch the growth...watch the poo (that will also let you know).

Good Day~

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
Benedict is 4 months old, and weights 24 lbs. he eats Froom beef frittata 3/4 three time a day. A table spoon of yogurt or cottage cheese before bed time with strawberries or blueberries. Vet said he looks very strong :happy:

Members online

No members online now.