mc0624

Feb 21, 2013
West Linn, OR
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bitty, Betsy & Buster
Hi,

I have an appointment for Sunday to get our girl spayed. She is a year old and hasn't come into heat yet. I've always had boy dogs and didn't think twice about the neutering.

Why am I so nervous with my girl? I know its much more invasive as compared to neutering but its a very common procedure. I'm thinking its the "but she is a bulldog and they are a special breed" thing....

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks,

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Welcome to EBN. Take a deep breath. It will be fine. When Raven was spayed she came home the same day and by night fall she was back to her crazy self. Took a whole lot to keep her still. Which procedure is being done, the regular incision or laproscopy? The vet offered me both options and said we would decide closer to the time depending on her size. She is on the small side for a bully and we ended up with the regular incision.

OP
M

mc0624

Feb 21, 2013
West Linn, OR
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bitty, Betsy & Buster
They do a regular incision. She is on the smaller size as well....only 38 lbs.

I scheduled it for Sunday since the kids are off all next week.....we'll be able to stay close to home :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
My current foster Lulu was spayed yesterday. I picked her up last night and found her mopey and drugged but just fine. Trust in your doctor. She will be just fine :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As long as the vet has done many bullies, and is a bully vet, she should be fine. Let us know how it goes.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Oh that is even better that she will be able to have some extra TLC with everyone home. She should be find. We will send bully prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN!

We all worry about our baby bullies.... she will be fine and back to her crazy self within a day or two. :hug:

Keep us posted and we would love to see some pictures of your girl

OP
M

mc0624

Feb 21, 2013
West Linn, OR
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bitty, Betsy & Buster
Hi all,

So happy to report Bitty did awesome on Sunday. The vet said she was so good and even acting like nothing was done! LOL

Still on the pain meds for a few more days. Also trying to keep her from jumping on the couch but that is proving to be difficult:). She wants what she wants no matter what - haha.

Feeling so much better. :)

Michelle

egghunt3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.