General Question NYLABONES....are they okay for our bullies

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Curious as to how others feel about nylabones for their bullies......Forde loves his, but it worries me that he swallows little shards that come off while chewing.....want to get other opinions........ posted this on another thread but never saw any replies...thanks glenna

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Big time favorite.... we have many, many of them in the house... never any issues. The big fav is the Galelio... have had it for years and they still love it

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Nylabones are pretty safe from all I have read on them. I have three of them but Ace isn't that interested in them for some reason. He likes the extreme Kong better. I bought him some antlers and he prefers them to both of the others at the present.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey won't chew them at all. Have bought several different kinds. However, he LOVES deer or elk antlers. they are worth their weight in gold.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace likes the chuckit balls pretty good too. This is the ball he loves to fetch and can chew on it as well they seem to be quite durable

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love them but I don't get the real soft ones because of that problem. I like the one 2bullymama mentioned above, or the ones with ridges and bumps. I will see if I can find a photo of my favorite one. I get them from petflow when I order food they are pretty reasonably priced on there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I've bought them a nylabone before and tossed it on the floor and that's where it stayed. They wouldn't touch it. Now Kong/vibram type toys or antlers (especially antlers) they like....actually I have to say they looooovve the antlers (elk).

OP
FORDE'SMOM

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
thanks for all the feedback...makes me feel better letting him have the nylabone, also just called local pet store they carry the deer/elk antlers....going to purchase Forde one this afternoon!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon like his nylabones that are textured the best, but lately he's been attached to his new antler that I got him a few weeks ago.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.