OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
As a side note, Metronidazole exerts a bactericidal action on gram positive and some gram negative bacteria.......... in FISH. I use it often when treating sick fish. Many antibiotics cross over. Gracie was on amoxicillin before her surgery today. The vet gave her 20 pills for $25. Had I known what he was giving her I would have just used some of the bottle of 100 ea. that I already had. I know now to ask beforehand.

Thanks .... I was wondering how the antibiotic was going to work!!?? You have saved me some digging around on the computer! It drives my husband crazy that I never accept anything at "face value" and always have to go and research everything!! :cool: [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
As a side note, Metronidazole exerts a bactericidal action on gram positive and some gram negative bacteria.......... in FISH. I use it often when treating sick fish. Many antibiotics cross over. Gracie was on amoxicillin before her surgery today. The vet gave her 20 pills for $25. Had I known what he was giving her I would have just used some of the bottle of 100 ea. that I already had. I know now to ask beforehand.

I know isn't is amazing how much they charge for dog meds? Outrageous. Terri once got charged $40 for a weeks worth of Amox from Banfield....She is no longer allowed to take any of our animals there. A 500 ct bottle costs about $10 wholesale. I know Target will fill prescriptions for pets, the hard part is getting your vet to write one. I am so very thankful mine does.

On a much happier note....YEAH for Daddy, that is so great and I am sure he is so much happier! fingers are crossed it continues!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I paid $65 for 10 day script of baytril. After that I had the vet give me a presciption and I got it online for 1/2 the price

Ann Farley Hamilton

Jul 21, 2010
Brookline, NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Hamilton's Irish Mack we call him Mack and Blossom
My vet always has me use my cell to call and get prices and then we compare theirs to what I found if they're cheaper we buy it there and if I've found it else where they write me a script. I remember once there was that was so much money they put it my name for my insurance. Also Walgreen's you sign up your pets for their $4.00 for 30 day scripts it's 29.99 for the year and then it it's on the list it's 4.00 and there are tons on there. Also Walmart they're 4.00 if it's on the list no matter for a pet or a person, so it's always good to ask what they're going to give you before you buy it from the vet. I go to Banfield here in Nashua NH and they have never just given meds without pricing it first or telling me I can get it some where cheaper. I also go there for a certain vet to because she is so good, first vet i have ever had that totally believes foods can cause huge problems in animals. She researches foods before she'll let you know what she thinks you should feed. I took Blossom there on Sunday because the vet the rescue is using up here I just didn't like. He said food makes no difference in the health of a bulldog or any other dog, which did it for me. She was on Hills science food and he wanted me to leave her on it and the first thing listed is whole grains, so that made no since to me. At Banfield they spent 1 1/2 hours with us on Sunday going over Blossom inch by inch they did a skin scraping, eye stain because she is rubbing and scratching around her eyes so bad she had them bleeding. She had just finished a 3 week course of antibiotics from the other vet for it and it was still like that they didn't want to put her back on because that can cause problems so we did ointments with antibiotic and steroids in them. So all that cost me $130.00 which I paid because I chose to take her there not the rescues vet, it was well worth it her face is almost cleared. I think with that and the fact that she's been on Nature's Variety Instinct grain-free totally now for a week she's turned the corner.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.