ear infections!!

lvbulldogs

Mar 29, 2010
Yes, My bullie loves his ear infections...Trying to find a new way to clear them up as the vet meds don't seem to keep it at bay for very long. Any ideas??? I read somewhere that organic food
can help but not sure. HELP!!!:confused:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use cotton balls in the ears while bathing to make sure no water gets into the ear canal. Then I use vet ear solution. Squeeze some down into the ear canal and massage the ear. Then wipe out the wax and dirt with cotton balls. Since I learned to do it this way, my bullys never get ear infections.

Attachments

• T5.jpg
    T5.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 161

spazzy

Apr 16, 2010
west palm beach, florida
Bulldog(s) Names
elliot
I have good results with Zymox, otic enzymatic solution, 1% hydrocortisone. It's used alone, no other ear cleaners or rinses needed. My doggy dermatologist recommended it. No rx needed. I order it from KV vet supply. Good luck.

Attachments

• 2012-07-26_18-09-08_357.jpg
    2012-07-26_18-09-08_357.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 145

Mugzilla

Mar 24, 2010
southern bell
Bulldog(s) Names
www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
my female bully had constant ear infections. at times, she needed antibiotics as well as ear cleaning. sometimes ear cleaning alone is not enough.

i found a GREAT all natural ear cleaning solution. i'll get the name of it and post it here. it's worked wonders so far.

as far as diet goes, allergies can also contribute to ear problems. do you know if your bully is allergic to anything? what kind of diet is he/she currently on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 155

luvmybullie

Apr 7, 2010
Sarasota
Bulldog(s) Names
Rowdy
I have had good luck with the Zymox, otic enzymatic solution, 1% hydrocortisone too! I got it from m vet but it clears up the ear infection in no time!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.