Help Needed! Is she really fat???

OP
D

DaisyBulldog

That was my thought, [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]...... her expectations that Daisy lose SEVEN pounds was unrealistic for a bulldog.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with all the great advice above, 7 lbs seems too much weight to lose, she looks great to me. Maybe cut back to 1 cup twice a day and see how she does. My two eat Fromms Beef Frittata, 1 cup twice a day, and I give them fruits like bananas, cut up apples, blueberries, shredded carrots, and plain yogurt for treats. My guys are a year old and weigh 43 lbs. A good way to tell if your bully is a good weight is to feel their ribs, you should be able to feel the ribs, but not see them, and they should have a well defined waist when you see them from above. Maybe it's because it's winter and cold so she's not getting as much exercise, once the warmer weather comes and she can walk more and go for a daily run, she'll trim up a bit too. But she does look fine and she's beautiful

Last edited:
OP
L

Lucy-licious

Some Vets think that the thinner the bulldog the better. Less weight in their opinion is better for their already troublesome breathing. Looking at the posts in the bulldog waistline thread though, I am not qualified to comment. Your dogs are kept much thinner than ours and a slightly different shape too. In fact my Lucy looks positively porky by your standards and she is all muscle, with very little body fat. Our vet feels that at 50lb she is perfect as do we.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i think your bully looks good. she carries her weight better than sarah when she was 47 pounds. she could lose 3 or 4 maybe. when sarah was on kibble she ate 3/4 cup twice a day. you can fill in with green beans or something to fill her up.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Gosh I think she looks great. Emma's 48.1 and I couldn't imagine her losing 7 pounds, she'd be all bones. She's a petitie 48lbs. I couldn't even seen her losing a pound. She's a bit broader on the back structure than Wilson is. Here's a pic I took of her the other day. As you can see she doesn't have much of a definition in her waist but she's be no means overweight. She's on the long side too.

0908C050-44ED-47E6-B3AF-C40A10096752-3553-0000028D1B85E5A0_zps0186f284.jpg

robertbrewer

Dec 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Bauer
I'm no expert but that seems ok. Bauer is a little over 5 months old and he is tipping the scales at a svelte 42 pounds. Vet said he was gonna be a little bigger than average...maybe 60+

Robert

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.