Thread: Is she really fat???

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is she really fat???

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyBulldog View Post
    @Texas Carol........ She was perfectly fine,acne wise, til I switched her stainless steel bowl to ceramic. We are now back to her original bowl.

Shes beautiful..I her sweet face!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I don't think she's too fat or too thin. As long as she stays that way or leaner I don't see any problem at all with her weight. Don't get me wrong, she could lose a pound or two but I would not be concerned at all with what I am seeing.

Once I took a bully to the vet who was brought to me that was extremely underweight in my opinion. I told him he needed a little meat on his bones and he said no he was fine. I think vets are so used to seeing other breeds that they don't know an emaciated bulldog when they see one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

DaisyBulldog

Aw. Thanks. I think she is pretty darn perfect.

DaisyBulldog

That was my thought, @desertskybulldogs...... her expectations that Daisy lose SEVEN pounds was unrealistic for a bulldog.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I agree with all the great advice above, 7 lbs seems too much weight to lose, she looks great to me. Maybe cut back to 1 cup twice a day and see how she does. My two eat Fromms Beef Frittata, 1 cup twice a day, and I give them fruits like bananas, cut up apples, blueberries, shredded carrots, and plain yogurt for treats. My guys are a year old and weigh 43 lbs. A good way to tell if your bully is a good weight is to feel their ribs, you should be able to feel the ribs, but not see them, and they should have a well defined waist when you see them from above. Maybe it's because it's winter and cold so she's not getting as much exercise, once the warmer weather comes and she can walk more and go for a daily run, she'll trim up a bit too. But she does look fine and she's beautiful
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 03-16-2013 at 04:34 AM.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Lucy-licious

Some Vets think that the thinner the bulldog the better. Less weight in their opinion is better for their already troublesome breathing. Looking at the posts in the bulldog waistline thread though, I am not qualified to comment. Your dogs are kept much thinner than ours and a slightly different shape too. In fact my Lucy looks positively porky by your standards and she is all muscle, with very little body fat. Our vet feels that at 50lb she is perfect as do we.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i think your bully looks good. she carries her weight better than sarah when she was 47 pounds. she could lose 3 or 4 maybe. when sarah was on kibble she ate 3/4 cup twice a day. you can fill in with green beans or something to fill her up.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Gosh I think she looks great. Emma's 48.1 and I couldn't imagine her losing 7 pounds, she'd be all bones. She's a petitie 48lbs. I couldn't even seen her losing a pound. She's a bit broader on the back structure than Wilson is. Here's a pic I took of her the other day. As you can see she doesn't have much of a definition in her waist but she's be no means overweight. She's on the long side too.

Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Robert
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bauer
    Likes (Received)

I'm no expert but that seems ok. Bauer is a little over 5 months old and he is tipping the scales at a svelte 42 pounds. Vet said he was gonna be a little bigger than average...maybe 60+

Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads