ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We have a new problem. Mabel has been licking her paws quite a bit so we changed her food. Now she has a couple of interdigital cysts on her paws. One broke open this evening. I soaked it and cleaned it with saline and dried it as much as she would let me. :) We changed her food to Innova Prime Grain Free Salmon and Herring yesterday and know it might take some time to get the old food out of her system. She has started back on her ketoconazole and I have used Mal-A-Ket wipes between her toes. What else can I do? What else can I use on her feet until we can get these healed? The others are very small on one of her back feet and aren't a problem--yet.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Since they are caused by bacteria I would go with an antibacterial of some sort. I have heard of people using yellow listerine. Also veteracin, have you tried raretts pickled paws yet?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Apple Cider Vinegar and warm water, mixed half and half works great. Place a plastic bin in the bathtub, you can get them at the dollar store and place ACV and water in it, then have Mabel stand in it with her paws for about 10 mins.

L

Lucy-licious

Chlohexidine, hibicleanse or hibiscrub watered down to 5 parts water 1 part hibiscrub. Soak 2-4 times a day if you can. However if they are bad and hurting you can get a course of antibiotics to treat them although it is debatable whether it works any better or faster than soaking :hug:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you can do any of the suggestions above as they are bacteria so something for bacteria is needed. also did these come up since you started the new food? i have battled these with sarah for a long long time. she doesnt have any now but hers were food related thats why i ask bout the food. if these came up after the food change you may have to rethink the new food. if not then it will take a few days for them to go away especially if you are still doing a transition.

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Thank you all so much! These came up while on the old food, which is why we switched. I saw RaRett's pickled paws and will try it. Last night was the first time she had been only on the new food and we noticed she didn't wake us up with the paw licking. We started transitioning her, but she had absolutely no problem with the new food so we made the switch after just a few days. She is currently still taking ciprofloxacin. I will try an antibacterial wash too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Espsom salt foot bath helps too

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.