Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Is it okay to give generic adult benydryl? Or do I have to get the children's dosage.:confused:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Genric adult is good... 1 mg per pound of Bully. my girl, Banks is 63 lbs and I give her 50mg 2x a day

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Adult, 1 pill per 25 lbs. Vegas is 60 lbs. so he can have two. Makes them very tired and thirsty.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Genric adult is good... 1 mg per pound of Bully. my girl, Banks is 63 lbs and I give her 50mg 2x a day

Do you use for itchey ears? Otis has been on ear infection medicane, didnt seem like it was clearing up so we asked for a different kind - he has been off of it for 2 days and now back to scratching behind his ear - it got so red last night at midnight that I have him a benedryl, put neosporin on the scratches and gave him another dose of his ear infection medicane. So, I guess my question is should I have given him the benedryl?

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Do you use for itchey ears? Otis has been on ear infection medicane, didnt seem like it was clearing up so we asked for a different kind - he has been off of it for 2 days and now back to scratching behind his ear - it got so red last night at midnight that I have him a benedryl, put neosporin on the scratches and gave him another dose of his ear infection medicane. So, I guess my question is should I have given him the benedryl?

It can't hurt to give it a try.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Yes, I give her one when I see her start itching the ear. She has always had issues with the 'brown' ear so I keep a close watch on it.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my...we have the "brown" ear, too, at times.

I should have been more clear... Banks has a white/freckled ear and a brindle ear.... for some reaason the brindle (brown) ear always has some redness or it just bothers her. sorry about that

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
You know - Punk's black ear is the one that usually has to be attended to.

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Both Max's ears are brown brindle. His left is always worse than the right. My boyfriend has an American Bulldog that has a blue eye and white ear on one side and and brindle ear and brown eye on the other. The white ear always gives more problems than the brindle one. Interesting

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online