Help Needed! Sebastian's turn

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Now that Oliver and Goldie are back at home from their surgeries, it's Sebastian's turn to go under and have his manly parts removed. He's going in this morning to my reg vet so thankfully no 2 hour drive for me.

Oliver did fine in his crate overnight. Right now he's got his big 'ol conehead on my lap up on the couch snoozing away. Goldie is still sleeping in her crate. He has an issue sometimes of being snarly if one of the other dogs get too close to his face but I think it's partly due to him not having vision in his left eye because they sewed it shut due to his corneal ulcer they fixed.

I will update this post as soon as I hear any news on Sebastian when I drop him off at 8. Please keep him in your thoughts, prayers, or whatever you do today

L

Lucy-licious

thinking of him..and good to hear the others are doing just fine xx

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You're all in our thought today, I'm sure all goes well and they're all happy soon with their new life without the bits....

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
UPDATE: Sebastian is out of surgery and he's doing great. I can pick him up around 4. Now that is a relief because he was the one I was most worried about because of his heart condition.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thinking of all the kiddes... here is to fast recoveries!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
so glad all 3 are on the road to recovery, will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers for a fast healing time :hug:

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
yep, all my babies are under one roof and the three that have stitches are in snoring in their crates. Sebastian has a rash on his belly that is unrelated to his surgery, I guess they found it when they were working on him. I didn't even know it was there! He never lays on his back so I rarely look at his belly. He's on an antibiotic for it and has to go back in 10 days for a recheck on it. His sutures are disovable so no suture removal for him.

thanks everyone for all your kind words and prayers. I was really worried about all three of them. I didn't relax until they were back at home. Of course, Sebastian was being a stinker in his kennel at Doc Bauer's and trying to mess with his stitches. Oliver keeps trying to rub the side of his face against the cone (not to mention bumping into everything with it), and Goldie just goes with the flo. You would never know that she had any procedure done after finally really waking up this afternoon.

As for Remy, he's enjoying not having to be crated at night (he's not every night anyway, sometimes he sleeps in one of the kids' rooms) and I think he's secretly laughing at Oliver wearing the cone. I took this picture of him today watching Oliver on the floor trying to manuever with the cone on his head 037.jpg Oliver just finally gave up and laid down on the floor 036.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

yep, all my babies are under one roof and the three that have stitches are in snoring in their crates. Sebastian has a rash on his belly that is unrelated to his surgery, I guess they found it when they were working on him. I didn't even know it was there! He never lays on his back so I rarely look at his belly. He's on an antibiotic for it and has to go back in 10 days for a recheck on it. His sutures are disovable so no suture removal for him.

thanks everyone for all your kind words and prayers. I was really worried about all three of them. I didn't relax until they were back at home. Of course, Sebastian was being a stinker in his kennel at Doc Bauer's and trying to mess with his stitches. Oliver keeps trying to rub the side of his face against the cone (not to mention bumping into everything with it), and Goldie just goes with the flo. You would never know that she had any procedure done after finally really waking up this afternoon.

As for Remy, he's enjoying not having to be crated at night (he's not every night anyway, sometimes he sleeps in one of the kids' rooms) and I think he's secretly laughing at Oliver wearing the cone. I took this picture of him today watching Oliver on the floor trying to manuever with the cone on his head 037.jpg Oliver just finally gave up and laid down on the floor 036.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.