Help Needed! Prednisone and possible aggression increase

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Mack is on steroids for his allergies too, we are on a much shorter term plan though. We started with 15 pills, did 2x per day for 3 days, now were at 1x power day for three days, then 1 pill every other day til we run out. I don't have the mg handy though (in bed on my phone lol). anyways since he had been on it he is especially hungry and had chased the cat all the way under the futon once per day every day which is very unusual for him...usually he barely looks at the cat. Additionally because I give him the pill hidden in people food (peanut butter, bread, cheese, green beans) now he is a beggar when the humans are eating. I just keep thinking this is only temporary until we finish the steroids...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver got sent home yesterday with script for pred. I think they are giving it to him to help with the swelling around his eyes. He's on 5mg: 3 pills for four days, then 2 pills for four days, then 1 pill for four days and he's done with it. He's been on pred before with BAD allergy flare ups and I have never noticed a difference in him.

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Very interesting above with everyone's experiences with it. I've been lucky I guess. Mike had his pitty on it for years for allergies and he lived to be nearly 15 and never had an issue. Jack was on it too for his HOD and he was fine and it never changed his personality, expect to make him happier/stronger. Wilson's been on it too with no issues when he kept pulling his groin. I wonder if bullies are more sensitive to it in general? It's a steroid so I would imagine it has his adverse affects to some like any drug can. I'll use it again as it works wonderful for my guys as I have had great results with it.

I would call the vet with your concerns too. He/she may have some insight on it and may be able to prescribe another steroid.