Help Needed! Best butt flushes

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
What's the best butt flush I can get? I'm sure I'll have to order it online so any advice is greatly appreciated. I wipe him with witch hazel but I'm trying to go a little longer between their baths. Plus he has a tight pocket so any preventatives are great. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I'm no help at all but the title is funny hehe

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I use a couple hypoallergenic baby wipes first then follow it up with mal-a-ket wipes. That's been my routine a couple times a week with Samson for 6 years and we've never had any issues with his tail pocket. You can order mal-a-ket wipes online from a variety of different sites.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks has a very tight tail with a pocket.... we bathe her maybe twice a year. But on a daily basis, we wipe her with unscented bay wipes and use witch hazel every other day

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I just use witch hazel on a square or round cotton pad in the pocket. When it looks extra icky I use the mal-a-ket wipes. Those are great. I use them on his paws too. I gave Bruin a bath a couple weeks ago and I forgot to dry his pocket :shhhh: :wallbang: (I know, I get the bad mom award on that one), so a couple days goes by and i go to clean his pocket and it was just brown ickyness in there (my poor bru bru :*( ) I cleaned it out with dry cotton pads then used the mal-a-ket wipes until they weren't coming out brown anymore and followed with 2 more days of once in the morning and once at night and it was all better. Back to using just witch hazel.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I used the unscented baby wipes regularly and it seems to keep the "yuckies" at bay. Sounds like those Mal-a-Ket wipes are worth a try though.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I used the unscented baby wipes regularly and it seems to keep the "yuckies" at bay. Sounds like those Mal-a-Ket wipes are worth a try though.

I think one of the best pieces of advice I have gotten in the forum is about Mal-A-Ket wipes! I have used them on Mabel's belly for a chronic yeast infection and have seen her skin change drastically to soft, smooth skin from skin that was rough and scaly. I think it's even fading the black discoloration! I use it in her tail pocket about once a week, dry with gauze, and apply Gold Bond medicated powder. So far so good! Mal-A-Ket wipes will always be in my bully beauty kit!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We just use unscented baby wipes for Bacon but he doesn't have a particularly deep tail pocket, the only time we had an issue was when we were on vacation at the beach and didn't realize there was sand in there.

L

Lucy-licious

OMG butt flushes..I came in this thread thinking someone was doing Colonics on their bullies :nurse2:

as you were :2thumbs:

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Thank you everyone, I already keep a container of witch hazel wipes that I use to wipe them down with so that'll do for now until I find a good flush that I can stick up under his tail to clean it out.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
OMG butt flushes..I came in this thread thinking someone was doing Colonics on their bullies :nurse2:

as you were :2thumbs:
:rofl: That's what I originally thought too! I was wondering exactly what I had gotten myself into with this breed! That is something the rescue organization left out of the information!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You could use any of the above such as witch hazel, or saline solution , or just plain water, and put it into a syringe, like the kind you use for giving kids medicine, or one that you use after mouth surgery to flush out debris with. You can probably find them at a drugstore.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Keeping it clean back there is job one. Bea has a tail pocket as tight and deep as Loch Ness. For her, its Duoxo shampoo baths in the tail pocket and Duoxo wipes. I recently bought some Duoxo FOAM -- like mousse -- which I'm going to try today after Tub Time. Bea's tail pocket has that "corn chip" thing going on this week. It's definitely time for her "treatment". LOL I also have Malaket wipes on hand but the Duoxo works so much better.

For Bo, its the area between the butthole and the tail....yes, THE TAINT. I keep it clean (hypoallergenic baby wipes - "One and Done" Pampers Cucumber Aloe) and then once it's clean and dry in there, I put cream on it; either Desitin or, if it's bothering him, anti-itch cream.

For some reason, they HATE the smell of the Malaket wipes. It doesn't keep me from using them on them for this or that though.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.