URGENT!!! My son fell on Gretzky!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH.... could just be sore. can you freely move all his legs? He seems ed OK just a slight limp... keep a close eye and see how he is in the morning

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I can touch it and pull on it. He can also put some weight on it, he just limps.

Give him a couple days... he probably just has a bruise, but watch him to make sure that is all it is.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor baby bully, definitely have to watch pups around kids. Hope your pup is OK.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor little guy, both of them. I'm sure he's going to be fine, he's probably just a little sore from your son falling on him, maybe a bruise. I'm sure your other little guy feels terrible, it was an accident, but he probably feels bad. Hug him too and let him know it wasn't his fault, and that Gretzky will be fine, just be more careful around puppy next time. Its a learning curb with a new puppy, as you're not used to a little dog under your feet. I know what that feels like to hurt your baby and feel terrible afterwards. The day after I brought my two home, I had them out on the front lawn, and of course the neighbours all came running over to meet and play with them. When it was time to go back inside I picked up Bulldozer to bring him into the house and he got excited at his sister Blossom still on the ground, he started to really wiggle and he jumped out of my arms and landed on the grass, thank goodness I was net over so he didn't fall from a standing position, and it was on the grass, but he yelped so bad, it was ear piercing and my neighbour came runningoutbto see what was the matter, she grabbed Dozer from me and was crying, and I was balling too. I felt horrible, Dozer couldn't even put his foot on the ground or walk, and everytime I moved him or touched his foot, he would help again. I couldn't stop crying, my vet was closed, so I called the emergency hospital and they told me it was okay to wait until the morning and go to my own vet, so,I let him sleep beside me, and I had to carry him out for his pees every two hours. I was parked outside the vet office before they even opened and they took him in right away, the vet took an X-ray and checked his leg and foot, she said nothing was broken and that it was a soft tissue injury, she gave him an anti inflammatory, and a pain med, and he was fine in four days. Gretzky will be fine, so don't worry. Keep us posted on how he's doing. Hugs and love and prayers for you, your son and Gretzky.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 127

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I hope little Gretzky gets well soon! I know how much it hurts to see our babies hurting, but they are incredibly tough little dogs who can heal as long as they are cared for. Just keep an eye on him for now, and if it gets worse a trip to the vet wouldn't hurt. :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Hopefully it is just a bruise, but if he continues to limp then a trip to the vet for xrays is in order. I would wait a day or so since you say he allows you to move it around.

I was bullheaded in the knee by an 80 pounder at the bully meetup a couple days ago as he ran to me to say hi. I'll be walking with a slight limp for a few more days, but I can tell its mostly just bruised. Wouldn't it be so nice if they could tell us how it really feels?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I wouldn't either, I would never give anything except baby asprin . but I belive Gretzky deoesn't need anything for pain. If he feels no pain and something is wrong he could over use the leg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.