General Question How to treat sibling battle wound

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
Ok so Alli n Gator Love to wrestle with each other. But during wrinkle cleaning we noticed Alli's baby teeth are actually tearing up Gator's cheeks.. I've been cleaning with warm water and applying A&D ointment for now. But any other suggestions to help Gator'a face heal. Or anything special i should cleanse with?! We're tryin to keep them separate or watching them closely during play time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gotta love the puppy shark teeth..... Nitschke looked like he walked through broken glass when Banks was a puppy... not much harm as long as they are surface cuts/scratches.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I now know exactly what you mean and what that looks like. Evil little shark teeth! Tallulah was nursing my bleeding, shredded arm licking the blood off me and giving me sympathy when Buster took a chunk of her cheek with his little teeth, and then her nose, and then her tummy, then her leg... This bite inhibition thing is not happening so far. Miss Tallulah and I need to come up with a plan...

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
It sounds like you are doing the right things by cleaning and protecting the area. I would just make sure the area doesn't get inflammed or chewed up again to give it time to heal up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.