URGENT!!! Peeing everywhere - but NOT a bladder infection!?

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda has been house broken for some time, but the last week or so, she's peed everywhere.

All over my bed twice, on the couch, on the balcony, multiple times in her crate, at her trainer's, and when I've caught her peeing, it doesn't seem like she even is able to make it to the door, she just pees wherever she is, like it's coming out against her will.

Naturally, I assumed she had a bladder infection and took her to the vet on Saturday (when she peed on my bed again - it's just so unlike her). They gave us antibiotics to try in the meantime (didn't help at all) and we waited for the results. Results were in today - and guess what? NOT a bladder infection. Not any kind of infection!

I'm so confused. What else could this be? There is no behavioral change other than the peeing, no blood or anything abnormal about the urine, I just don't understand!

We're going to the vet again today, but since you're all such bully experts, what do you think?

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Ok, vet suggested sending the sample for a culture anyway, even though there was no sign of infection, just to be sure.

He also said it may be behavioral, so he gave me anti-anxiety stuff to see if that helps. But Tilly really doesn't show any signs of anxiety - EVER!

We're going to wait for the culture and if it shows nothing, go on to blood test and ultrasound.... :nope:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
HHmmm?? :confused: No answer, I was waiting to see if she was on steroids. When Vegas did a round of steroids he pee'd while he was walking across the floor and he has been potty trained for years.??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm with [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION], there goes my theory, LOL Since that's out of the way, the only other thing is behavior, may have to go back to basics.

L

Lucy-licious

Hmm...stones maybe? Ask the vet to add a check for crystals to the urine sample. Billy did pee lots when our vet found crystals. His sample was also clear for signs if infection but after all tests for causes if crystals came back negative they found out about a rare infection that causes crystals...4 weeks if super strong antibiotics and he was crystal and accident free .

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Hmm...stones maybe? Ask the vet to add a check for crystals to the urine sample. Billy did pee lots when our vet found crystals. His sample was also clear for signs if infection but after all tests for causes if crystals came back negative they found out about a rare infection that causes crystals...4 weeks if super strong antibiotics and he was crystal and accident free .

Really? How interesting! I'm honestly hoping it's something with a quick fix like that, I just am terrified it's a sign of something worse.

Maybe it IS just anxiety-marking? But she's not ever anxious seeming?

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
HHmmm?? :confused: No answer, I was waiting to see if she was on steroids. When Vegas did a round of steroids he pee'd while he was walking across the floor and he has been potty trained for years.??

No steroids... :(

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
My guess is an organic problem,i.e. medical. Curious as to what ultrasound shows. Bertha was a bed peer but from day one. We are safe now but it restarted with her recent uti

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Oddly enough.. I have yet to use any of the anti-anxiety stuff, and Matilda hasn't peed in the wrong spot all day? I'm just so confused.

It doesn't seem to be behavioral to me though.... She peed all over her own crate several times, which she then has to sleep in (you know, except I clean it)! She never does that. It's not like it's just been my things...

It also started last week - overnight! One day she didn't do it, one day she did, and it's been happening ever since!

Last edited:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So weird! Maybe she is just having a little set back or maybe decided to test the waters and see if you can be pushed? Other than that idea I have no other Idea!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What tests did the vet do with her urine? There are a lot more that can be going on, besides UTI. It can also be structural or hormonal, the spay could of caused it or she could have stones.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
If she is peeing on her bedding in her crate at night I would remove all the bedding and see if she stops. We had a set back with Bacon around the same age and just had to start treating him like a puppy again, after a few weeks he was back to normal.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.