ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Morning, EBN!

Here is a question for anyone who knows or has a bully on a limited diet.

Remi is allergic to at least beef and chicken, and salmon makes him super smelly and gives him very soft :poo:. So we're on Nature's Variety Instinct Lamb, limited diet. We like it - his poop is small and firm, and he no longer licks his paws and scratches as much.

What concerns me is... well... the limited ingredients. I feel like a dog needs more than just lamb, peas, and tapioca throughout his life.

I've been throwing some cooked vegetables into his food / or as a snack. I'm tickled pink that I can save my broccoli stalks and give them to him on occasion, and whatever other safe vegetable I come across.

What are other good veggies to supplement a limited diet? I'm obviously looking to stay away from the ones that will upset him, etc.

THANK YOU!

Sandy

Aug 28, 2010
Virginia Beach, Va.
Bulldog(s) Names
Harper Jiggs
I'm giving little Harper what the breeder feeds her dogs along w/ raw beef - he gets yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. It's a big frozen bag of the "Manhattan Blend" at Wal Mart. She also said to throw in sweet potato and spinach once in a while. He loves it all.

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

Carrots, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, the odd sprout :fart:
I also give them a boiled egg twice a week and oily fish twice a week too x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I give green beans, blueberries, banana, carrots, squash, cauliflower, spinach, etc. The only think Banks has every spit our has been regular ole letucce

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Thanks, all! So far Remi hates celery, even with peanut butter. Figures :/

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you could also ask this in the home cooking section and see if you get more info although you have gotten plenty :)

Members online

No members online now.