Help Needed! Please keep Oliver, Goldie and Sebastian in your thoughts, prayers, or whatever you do this week...

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
This week is going to be very stressful for these three. This afternoon I am driving Oliver and Goldie 2 hours away from home to Romeo, MI to drop them off at Wilson Animal Hospital so they can have some procedures done on Tuesday morning. Oliver is getting the entropian in both of his eyes fixed and he's going to be losing his manly parts. He is also a HUGE momma's boy and has never spent a night away from home or me or my husband and MUST sleep in bed with us every night. I wore a t-shirt for three days with no deoderant to send up with him and I apologize to my family if I smelled a little on the pungent side (things we do for these goof balls).

Goldie is going to get spayed and hopefully all of her shots since we don't know if she's current or if she's even had any shots. Although she is very attached to us she does sleep in a crate at night so being away from here won't be as traumatic for her.

The reason those two are going so far away is Dr. Wilson is Detroit Bulldog Rescue's vet and since Goldie officially belongs to them, I go where they tell me to take her. Oliver is going because Dr. Wilson can fix his entropian and neuter him for about $552 where as my reg vet would charge me around $200 for the neuter and the Animal Opthalmology Center quoted me a price for his entropian of $1200-1500. BIG difference and I trust him since Heather takes all the bulldogs in rescue to him.

Now, for Sebastian, he's being dropped off to my reg vet on Wednesday morning so he can lose his manly parts. Between him and Oliver, they are definitely in their terrible two's and fights are breaking out at least 2-3 times a day. They have so many battle scars on them, they look like I've been using them as bait dogs. Friday night, somehow Oliver ripped his entire dewclaw off his right front leg, so now he has just the skin stub there.

I had to wait until now to neuter them because my vet wouldn't do it without a clear echo from Sebastian. His heart has not changed since he was first diagnosed in 2011 so that is very good news.

So please keep the hooligans in your thoughts and prayers as you go about your week and I will update everyone as soon as I hear anything.

L

Lucy-licious

I'll be thinking of you and your babies this week :hug:

Pee ewww!! on the tshirt though, that my friend is above and beyond :ROFL:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
WOW lots going on ! ! ! ! The prices of surgeries vary so much :( we are on pins and needles to find out what Hershey's knee surgery is going to cost us, I have a feeling its one of those 'High Priced places' :( :( :( :(

Hang in there Gang ! you'll be all fine :) :) :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
**Thinking Good Thoughts for the Gang**

Maybe Oliver and Goldie can be placed near each other in the waiting and recovery kennels so as to minimize stress?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Prayers and well wishes for your babies! That shirt thing made me giggle, sorry! I knew I loved you!! Now even more than ever!! :laugh:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Thoughts and postitive vibes go out to you and the hooligans lol from Tubby & me!! Well wishes for a speedy recovery for all 3 of them :2thumbs:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Sending positive vibes your way! I hope they feel much better after!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww bless them all. Sending hugs, love and prayers for you and your guys that everything goes well, and they have a quick recovery. Ry not to worry too much, easier said than done I know, but they do bounce back pretty fast. Please keep us posted on their progress.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Wow! That's an overload for you but you are smart to get them done together so they will all be recuperating at the same time. Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hugs, prayers and positive thought for you and the bully gang

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.