Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please keep Oliver, Goldie and Sebastian in your thoughts, prayers, or whatever you do this week...

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Default Please keep Oliver, Goldie and Sebastian in your thoughts, prayers, or whatever you do this week...

This week is going to be very stressful for these three. This afternoon I am driving Oliver and Goldie 2 hours away from home to Romeo, MI to drop them off at Wilson Animal Hospital so they can have some procedures done on Tuesday morning. Oliver is getting the entropian in both of his eyes fixed and he's going to be losing his manly parts. He is also a HUGE momma's boy and has never spent a night away from home or me or my husband and MUST sleep in bed with us every night. I wore a t-shirt for three days with no deoderant to send up with him and I apologize to my family if I smelled a little on the pungent side (things we do for these goof balls).

Goldie is going to get spayed and hopefully all of her shots since we don't know if she's current or if she's even had any shots. Although she is very attached to us she does sleep in a crate at night so being away from here won't be as traumatic for her.

The reason those two are going so far away is Dr. Wilson is Detroit Bulldog Rescue's vet and since Goldie officially belongs to them, I go where they tell me to take her. Oliver is going because Dr. Wilson can fix his entropian and neuter him for about $552 where as my reg vet would charge me around $200 for the neuter and the Animal Opthalmology Center quoted me a price for his entropian of $1200-1500. BIG difference and I trust him since Heather takes all the bulldogs in rescue to him.

Now, for Sebastian, he's being dropped off to my reg vet on Wednesday morning so he can lose his manly parts. Between him and Oliver, they are definitely in their terrible two's and fights are breaking out at least 2-3 times a day. They have so many battle scars on them, they look like I've been using them as bait dogs. Friday night, somehow Oliver ripped his entire dewclaw off his right front leg, so now he has just the skin stub there.

I had to wait until now to neuter them because my vet wouldn't do it without a clear echo from Sebastian. His heart has not changed since he was first diagnosed in 2011 so that is very good news.

So please keep the hooligans in your thoughts and prayers as you go about your week and I will update everyone as soon as I hear anything.
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Lucy-licious

Default Re: Please keep Oliver, Goldie and Sebastian in your thoughts, prayers, or whatever you do this week...

I'll be thinking of you and your babies this week

Pee ewww!! on the tshirt though, that my friend is above and beyond

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please keep Oliver, Goldie and Sebastian in your thoughts, prayers, or whatever you do this week...

WOW lots going on ! ! ! ! The prices of surgeries vary so much we are on pins and needles to find out what Hershey's knee surgery is going to cost us, I have a feeling its one of those 'High Priced places'

Hang in there Gang ! you'll be all fine

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

**Thinking Good Thoughts for the Gang**

Maybe Oliver and Goldie can be placed near each other in the waiting and recovery kennels so as to minimize stress?

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Good luck out to the whole gang!!!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Prayers and well wishes for your babies! That shirt thing made me giggle, sorry! I knew I loved you!! Now even more than ever!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Thoughts and postitive vibes go out to you and the hooligans lol from Tubby & me!! Well wishes for a speedy recovery for all 3 of them

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Prayers & Positive thoughts for you all! Xoxox
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Sending positive vibes your way! I hope they feel much better after!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww bless them all. Sending hugs, love and prayers for you and your guys that everything goes well, and they have a quick recovery. Ry not to worry too much, easier said than done I know, but they do bounce back pretty fast. Please keep us posted on their progress.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

To Everybully and Everybullys mommy! Safe and sound all around...

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Wow! That's an overload for you but you are smart to get them done together so they will all be recuperating at the same time. Sending positive vibes for a speedy recovery!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads