URGENT!!! Hives out the wazzoo and have no idea why!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
He's doing better you can still see hives but they aren't bumped up anymore and he's now light pink so that's a lot better. He's pretty tired but benedryl usually makes him sleepy. Which in a way is good cause his hind leg has been bothering him so at least hes staying off of it... I've given him a good bath, a flea pill and rinsed my floors to get the Lysol off of them. I'm hoping it will clear up before I trade the husband places. Tomorrow evening I head to Chicago to sit with our youngest.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
aw im glad hes better. :)will continue to pray so that you can leave without any worry

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So glad he's better. That would have frightened me too! I hope everything is OK at the hospital too!

He still has them today but they arent as bad. I'm keeping a eye on him and if they aren't completely gone tomorrow I will drop him off with the vet.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So im sitting here wondering if i should take Tank to the vet or not. Hes no longer itchy but he still has some lingering hives. They are about the same as they were yesterday. They dont seem to bother him and hes eating and drinking but he has had 2 prednisones and benedryl every 4 hours except for at night. What do you guys think? In these pics he hasnt had a dose of benedryl yet this is how he looked when he woke up.

Picture 002.jpgPicture 003.jpg

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
So im sitting here wondering if i should take Tank to the vet or not. Hes no longer itchy but he still has some lingering hives. They are about the same as they were yesterday. They dont seem to bother him and hes eating and drinking but he has had 2 prednisones and benedryl every 4 hours except for at night. What do you guys think? In these pics he hasnt had a dose of benedryl yet this is how he looked when he woke up.

View attachment 38914View attachment 38915

YES take him to the vet!!! This can get very dangerous and it's honestly not worth risking!

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I took him at 10 its dermititus and allergic reaction to possibly the fleas. He was given flea med, benedryl, and a steroids and his hives are already easing up

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He's pretty rashes up. I feel so bad for not noticing the fleas sooner. He was attacked by the neighbor dog Friday and we think that's where he got them

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Damn fleas! Hope things start to turn around for you and Tank

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.