Help Needed! Bad Interdigital Cysts. Possible Entropcion on my adopted Bully Bruiser. Help!

Zabn8c

Mar 8, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
I just joined up today after running into several issues with my bulldog Bruiser. My girlfriend and I adopted him about 7 months ago. The previous owners said sometimes he would get a spot on his paw that would bloody up. They told us it was just extra skin and a birth defect. After researching though it seems to be interdigital cysts. They constantly come back as well. I was curious what the best method of treating these and helping it heal would be at home. He likes to drag the top of his paw when he walks making it worse. Also, I believe he has entropcion on his eyes. When he was young he got a cherry eye fixed. This occasionally comes out but goes in after a nap. I'm just hoping he's not in pain. Our vet has looked at him and gave me eyedrops. I was just hoping to get some opinions on this before I rush into any large unnecessary treatments. I have attached several pics of him. Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 229

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I fought these things for years with my Gunnyboy, they are very painfull, I have tried every antibotic , salve , soaks and the ONLY thing that really worked was Clindyamicn , its very safe and workes wonders.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor little guy! Such a great looking bully! The cysts are usually caused by allergies.... my boy Nitschke used to get them till we found out her was allergic to rice. What are you feeding>? if you are not, you may want to consider going grain and chicken free food... many bulldogs have sensitivity to those items.

In the meantime, soak his paws in epsom salt and warm water and wipe his paws every time he come in from outside.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
A food change should be in order. Our Lucy used to get them and we changes her food to a different brand and she hasn't had them since.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i agree its something in the food probably. sarah used to get them somewhat or real bad depending on what food i was feeding till i had her tested n found out her allergies now she has none at all. they are bacteria so something for bacteria is in order. you can wash them with hibiclenz from the drug store or sometimes i just put peroxide on them. duoxo ps shampoo is very good to soak them in. until you remove the allergen they will keep coming back even with antibiotics. let me know if you need food help. as far as the eye im no good with entropion.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Getting Brusier allergy tested will take the guesswork out and certainly save him some pain. I've had eye surgery on 2 dogs, the first one's eyes looked square after surgery. Make sure your vet has done it before and doesn't over correct the problem!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi all great advice above, you could also,soak his paws in apple cider vinegar mixed with water. It is a natural antibacterial. I also agree on it maybe being a food allergy, my female Blossom had bad reactions to chicken, salmon, corn, and we think grains? We switched both my guys to Fromms Beef Frittata and she has been fine ever since,

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Its hard to tell from a picture about entropion; it is where their eyelids roll in and the fur scratches the eyes. Has he had a problem with scratches? What are the drops for specifically? Also, I know some members have had success in changing food to help entropion too. Sounds strange but if the eyes are swollen from allergies, can cause them to roll. At least that was my understanding of it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
My current foster Lulu had them bad when she walked in my house. Definitely allergy related. I changed her food, soaked her paws in 50/50 peroxide/water twice a day and put Preparation H (and socks) on the cysts. Her feet look great now.

OP
Z

Zabn8c

Mar 8, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
These are all great suggestions. I'm not sure what food to even attempt next. He's currently on Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Brown Rice and Lamb. Not sure what to try next

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
These are all great suggestions. I'm not sure what food to even attempt next. He's currently on Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Brown Rice and Lamb. Not sure what to try next

Maybe [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] can give you some help..she's great with food knowledge

OP
Z

Zabn8c

Mar 8, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
I'm going to buy a bag of Blue Buffalo Wilderness to try out today

Most Reactions