Forgot to ask the vet yesterday ...

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
... what other medications Stig should get before we introduce him to doggy daycare and training school.

Since he's finally vaccinated, we'd like to socialize him with other dogs by taking him to the above activities. He's been vaccinated for Parvo, rabies and a couple of other things. How about fleas, ticks etc? How should we go about those? Should we only treat when he shows symptoms or are there other preventative measures? Stiggy's 6.5 months.

Thanks!

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
My brother takes his dog to "puppy day care" three days a week and he loves it. I know he had to have the "puppy flu" vaccine, and he also had to be neutered. His place will take them not neutered, but they won't put them in the "play group" with the other dogs. I want to take Ruckus, but he's not neutered (yet).

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i wouldnt think that training would require them to be neutered.. i would call around to the places your wanting to take him and ask what their policy is

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Definitely treat with Frontline, (to prevent flea/tick issues) and the flu vaccine is Bordatella.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
usually in puppy day care, they require a monthly flea treatment. If you don't treat your pup and there is a flea found, the will treat him at your (inflated) cost. (at least at my daycare)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.