Hershey knee surgery

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thoughts and Prayers go out to you all. Do we have anything on EBN to donate to our own members during crisis like this? I know we help rescues. Every little bit would help I'm sure.

L

Lucy-licious

Aww hugs for you all. Thinking if you all and praying for you x

mjowanna

Dec 19, 2012
Florida
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brittany(2008-2016); Angelica
Yes, DACVS are the letters you want to see after your vet surgeon's name. It means that they have the highest Board Certification there is. DACVS stands for Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons. As far as limiting activity while the knee heels, just do your best. Don't let him jump up or down. Pick him up and place him down. Gets stairs and ramps. Use a harness and leash. I don't like to crate a dog, but that is an option as well. The best thing I did was to buy an over-sized doggie stroller off of the internet for about $200. That way when I went out my Bully rode in the stroller and did not have to walk at all.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
**UPDATE** Hershey does *NOT* need surgery at this Time *YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA* the Ortho looked him over, and moved him around, watched his gate and said, that he might have a tear, or a partial, but he wouldnt recommend surgery right now, if he pulls up lame then definitely surgery. But no need right now. We inquired about 'is he in pain' etc and the Ortho put us totally at ease the he feels Hershey might have a little discomfort, just starting out in the morning... (like some of us 2 leggers) but once he gets going and stretches out, he seems fine.

so we are going to go with that diagnoses. We are a bit worried that our usual Vet's partner, said it was Hershey's LEFT leg, and the Ortho found nothing wrong with the left, but did the right. *shrug* we'll monitor him...but as it is now... Make room at Yappy Hour and BullyPolloza !

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
So happy to hear that. Congrats on the good news.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I'm doin the happy dance! Great news, thanks so much for sharing it with us! ^5 ... hope to see ya'll at Bullypalloza

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am tearing up right now thinking of how glad your hearts must be...as mine
is for you & sweet, sweet Hershey...please give him & Bea kisses & hugs from me.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Yeah!! Happy dance. :dance3::dance3:It is always a good day when our Bullies don't need surgery.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.