General Question The vaccine that is a mist up the nose?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Can someone please tell me what vaccine this is and how old they are when they get it? I know I have seen this on here a million times but I can't find it. Lucy has a vet appointment tomorrow and I want to make sure she gets the shot form. She will be nine weeks is that when they get it?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The shot version is best, especially in pups, as some can get pneumonia from it, and yes it is Bordetella.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ok thank you everyone! I will run it by my vet in the morning and hopefully he will do the shot form although Lola had the mist.

Kimo boyz mama

Mar 3, 2013
Los Gatos, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimo and Ollie (brothers, 1 yr apart)
My 12 wk old Kimo just got it last week and now he is coughing and I am concerned and going back to the vet tomorrow...he did get the nose mist. Looking around this site, they point to pneumonia in bulldogs...I am scared for my little guy!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
My 12 wk old Kimo just got it last week and now he is coughing and I am concerned and going back to the vet tomorrow...he did get the nose mist. Looking around this site, they point to pneumonia in bulldogs...I am scared for my little guy!
oh my i hope your baby is ok. please let us know he is fine. im sure he is but doesnt hurt to check .

- - - Updated - - -

sarah has the mist bordatella one time but she was like 2 or 3 and was fine but now i do the shot just to make sure.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Is the Bordetella vaccine given seperate, or is it part of the regular vaccines?

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
I believe at the vets office they are separate but I know the vaccines you buy at the pharmacy include it...

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Timing wise, be aware if you are planning on boarding your dog, the initial injection occurs in two rounds (two to four weeks apart)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.